Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different factories?

Comment

I still think this V2 could have silver hands, it's probably just the lighting. We need to see more pictures and hopefully a video as well.

Comment

Question to Modders: Is there a way to make it thinner and ceramic (or pvd) caseback?

Comment

Originally posted by Booonin View Post
          Question to Modders: Is there a way to make it thinner and ceramic (or pvd) caseback?
          Nope, no one on the forums can machine ceramic. I dont know this for a fact but im 99.9% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

Nope, no one on the forums can machine ceramic. I dont know this for a fact but im 99.9% sure.
            How about the brushing? Can that be improved if need be?

Comment

The caseback seems to be stainless steel, as per gen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my understanding:

What we consider as V1 is actually what APS has produced all this time. It has the running seconds and missing leap year indicator. APS only has one version of this watch and indeed all perpetual calendars made by APS have a running seconds.

”V2” is actually a lightly customised version made by a modding workshop on the mainland. It is not a “custom” build per say, but it is batch made to order. The hands are silver and not black, this watch, due to its nature has a tendency to make mirror polish hands look black even when they are silver.

Some TDs will be able to source you the modded version. The APS is $618 whilst the modded version costs around $750.

Comment

Well that’s not true since spongebob did work in ceramic parts for me thinning them.
                  A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

Originally posted by Tebburaner View Post

What we consider as V1 is actually what APS has produced all this time. It has the running seconds and missing leap year indicator. APS only has one version of this watch and indeed all perpetual calendars made by APS have a running seconds.

”V2” is actually a lightly customised version made by a modding workshop on the mainland. It is not a “custom” build per say, but it is batch made to order. The hands are silver and not black, this watch, due to its nature has a tendency to make mirror polish hands look black even when they are silver.

Some TDs will be able to source you the modded version. The APS is $618 whilst the modded version costs around $750.

where can you get the modified version? Thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=Tebburaner;n10163247]

Well I would love to know how they ‘mod’ the hand stack to have the weekly indicator at the bottom (v2) vs the second running at the top (v1).

Unless the weekly indicator is static, it is simply impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What does the modded version includes? Thin caseback?

Comment

Ok if the case back back is stainless i take it back, it could be thinned. Probably not by much if its a chunky movement though. Ceramic is very hard to machine so fair play to spongebob if he’s pulling it off.

Comment

Gen is 9.5 - would be very nice if could be thinned that way..

Comment

Originally posted by Booonin View Post
                              Gen is 9.5 - would be very nice if could be thinned that way..
                              Even normal 15400 reps arent thinable to 9.5 without removing the rotor and deco plate so dont held your breathe…

Comment

Even normal 15400 reps arent thinable to 9.5 without removing the rotor and deco plate so dont held your breathe…
                                There was a post in which some new 15400 reps managed to do the gen thickness - so never say never!

Comment

Working...
                                X