• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen New AP x Marvel release

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Keeping in mind that AP is a company in strong development, i would rate this watch has a real marketing tour de force....
To sale such watch that "everybody" hates for +5m usd is showing how strong the AP brand is positioned at the moment ...

PS: while the photo shown here is crap, the watch is incredibly detailed and refined when shown in high res photo...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Keeping in mind that AP is a company in strong development, i would rate this watch has a real marketing tour de force....
To sale such watch that "everybody" hates for +5m usd is showing how strong the AP brand is positioned at the moment ...

PS: while the photo shown here is crap, the watch is incredibly detailed and refined when shown in high res photo...

It is just a marketing ploy yes, and one to create hype. It is successful in getting people to talk incessantly about it and I guess they got what they want.
Everyone neglects to mention that it is a 1 of 1 limited edition, and for good reason too. It does not compromise their brand position to produce a one off frivolous novelty watch.

If the watch gets negative attention they can always say that its a collaboration with Marvel for charity and that it is a"1 off" watch.
If everyone loves the watch, they can consider a tweaked version down the line.

Either way, its a win-win situation for AP. Yes the watch may not be to anyone's liking and is ridiculed to no end but if you zoom out and look at the bigger picture, you will see clearly what this is all about, and how the brand cannot lose from this. There is no such thing as bad press with this release, especially for an established brand like AP.

Reactions: Allure

Taffybag39

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/19
I think this watch is the perfect accessory for the freshly divorced 50 something multi-millionaire who just bought a closet full of Affliction clothing and trilby hats so he will look cool at the bar, where he goes to pick up girls in their early 20’s.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think this watch is the perfect accessory for the freshly divorced 50 something multi-millionaire who just bought a closet full of Affliction clothing and trilby hats so he will look cool at the bar, where he goes to pick up girls in their early 20’s.

It would be certainly wasted at Geylang indeed.

Reactions: Allure

Taffybag39

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/19
Two? And that leaves you with how many free hands when grabbing that a$$ at Geylang? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One is for you, it will look great with heavily embroidered and rhinestone festooned Affliction jeans.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
One is for you, it will look great with heavily embroidered and rhinestone festooned Affliction jeans.

lol. What is wrong with rhinestone festooned Affliction jeans?
ZEWW48.jpg

I think QueTip goes around with these on daily grocery trips. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
This looks like the type of watch I’d buy for my 4 year old nephew from Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
It was either on Rolex Forum or Omega Forum they did a survey vote and this watch was vomited on for pages.good for laughs at least

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
And the lucky dude is: Lebron ”king” James

ddfa4dea16b87b86837e6227ed388023.png

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And the lucky dude is: Lebron ”king” James

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

No. What he was spotted wearing isn't the watch which auctioned for $5.2m, but one of the limited edition productions priced at $162k.
The $5.2m watch was auctioned off to someone in China. So he is "one lucky dude" among a few but not the only one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and QueTip