• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Ultra-thin 15202PT with green dial. Thoughts?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In that case I might sell a lung and a kidney and get the gen, then yours will never be as good as mine :rofl:

best wishes passed on thank you

Yes of course, your gen will come with the baton of obnoxiousness, naturally. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
ZMAv7t.jpg
ZMANYE.jpg
ZMAE32.jpg

For me this is as simple and elegant as a watch should be .....Congratulation, it is such a beauty ....

PS: From your shots the satin finish seems to be deeper than on ST version....

Last edited:

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20
Honestly I'm loving this new plantinum Royal Oak with the green sunburst dial. With a little luck, we may see either the XF or ZF factories come up with a rep, especially if all they have to do is replace the dial. Let's just hope they can replicate the green with something we're all happy with!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just speculating, I think we'll see DHGate/Aliexpress iterations of the green dial before XF or ZF makes one of their own.

Reactions: SuperLory

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I’m kinda glad they got rid of the tappeserie squares....which tend to look pimply and ugly at certain angles (talking about gen). Yeh they look good in certain pics at certain angles but once you see the pimplyness....it’s hard to love it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m kinda glad they got rid of the tappeserie squares....which tend to look pimply and ugly at certain angles (talking about gen). Yeh they look good in certain pics at certain angles but once you see the pimplyness....it’s hard to love it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Like plucked chicken skin dyed blue? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and mech500

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Just speculating, I think we'll see DHGate/Aliexpress iterations of the green dial before XF or ZF makes one of their own.

A rushed release followed by a flawed XF release would be great :)

bupeapoop

5/9/20
The more pictures I see of this thing, the more I'd love to get my hands on one. Hopefully reputable factories like XF or ZF come to the rescue! :daydreaming:

Reactions: mech500

Qoqa

22/2/21
Reactions: P..DR..D

bupeapoop

5/9/20
What's the chances of the likes of ZF or XF starting a project like this? And if so, how long do you think we would need to wait before we began seeing any releases?

Does anyone have any more information is or this more like a hope and a prey that one day it'll be available?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
, how long do you think we would need to wait before we began seeing any releases?
They haven't made one in the last 7 days that had passed between your two posts about this. Maybe try again in yet another 7 days.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
They haven't made one in the last 7 days that had passed between your two posts about this. Maybe try again in yet another 7 days.

I was actually thinking the rep release will happen a little after the gen release but of course I may be wrong.

bupeapoop

5/9/20

Thanks for the advice. I might just do that. No doubt I'll have you there to keep me updated along the way! :console:

monkeypie

9/12/08
As everyone has said and can imagine, the dial color will be the biggest issue. They could have it 99% accurate,but the dealer photos often tend to be quite bad. Of course the factories will keep it 95% there just to have new versions if it gets popular enough (like the Nautilus).

I have the 15202BC in mind - the dealer photos made it look like the dial color was really bad, but in person it was actually 95% accurate to gen (I managed to see one on display at a shop here, definitely gen). The dials tend to be extremely fickle with lighting.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As everyone has said and can imagine, the dial color will be the biggest issue. They could have it 99% accurate,but the dealer photos often tend to be quite bad. Of course the factories will keep it 95% there just to have new versions if it gets popular enough (like the Nautilus).

I have the 15202BC in mind - the dealer photos made it look like the dial color was really bad, but in person it was actually 95% accurate to gen (I managed to see one on display at a shop here, definitely gen). The dials tend to be extremely fickle with lighting.

95, 99% all these figures are subjective and yes each one gets to decide how the dial color does it vs gen.
I agree that colors seen in pictures are rather subjective things and some will like it (or think it accurate) and others don't.
For this, I think that the rep will look lovely if, like you say, they get the color correct. Green isn't a problem traditionally for the rep makers. Its often blue and grey that they struggle with.

NathanYoung

Looking Around
2/2/20
Really looking forward to adding this one to my collection when it comes out. Hopefully ZF is on the job.