• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Apparently JF are releasing a new Diver with other improvements over the inner bezel. Stay tuned.

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Apparently JF are releasing a new Diver with other improvements over the inner bezel. Stay tuned.

Where did you get this news from? And any approximate time frame for the release?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I bought four straps (two leather from ziczac and two horus) when I heard the v10 release so I hope it is very soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Looking forward to this. Always hard to know how long it will take a factory to release these days, but looks like it's going somewhere.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
My TD told me that the new inner bezel is far more complicated than expected and can't be bought anymore. I guess the failure rate was just too high. So I canceled my order for the new AP Diver, bought a used one here in the marketplace and changed the watch in my order from my TD to something else :)

So it looks like there were just a few lucky ones that got the new inner bezel. But I don't care about that too much anyway to be honest, so I can live with the older one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My TD told me that the new inner bezel is far more complicated than expected and can't be bought anymore. I guess the failure rate was just too high. So I canceled my order for the new AP Diver, bought a used one here in the marketplace and changed the watch in my order from my TD to something else :)

So it looks like there were just a few lucky ones that got the new inner bezel. But I don't care about that too much anyway to be honest, so I can live with the older one.

Or you can get a gen dive bezel.
The "briefly updated" one has its own tells anyway, take heart that it is not 1:1 when you know where to look. ;)

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18

I've got other news. There is a new v10 coming in the next 2-3 weeks that will have the 3D inner bezel as well as other improvements over the v9.5. My order with the TD is still on for the diver, let's wait and see what happens.

Reactions: Time_Wizard and mpx

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
The "briefly updated" one has its own tells anyway, take heart that it is not 1:1 when you know where to look. ;)

i have been looking for one, but seems that these are more and more complicated to source... at least for the people have been in touch with ....

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
i have been looking for one, but seems that these are more and more complicated to source... at least for the people have been in touch with ....

I have the same problem. I would really like to get a GEN Diver bezel but couldn't find a proper one until now.

Just Cavalli

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/4/14
I've got other news. There is a new v10 coming in the next 2-3 weeks that will have the 3D inner bezel as well as other improvements over the v9.5. My order with the TD is still on for the diver, let's wait and see what happens.

And who told you that?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

I heard the same news from my TD. Let's hope and practice patience.

Reactions: Anonray

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

Anyway I really love this watch despite its flaws. The Cyclop and inner Bezel are the only things which disturb me. The other flaws I don't care to much about and that's the point. It's for me and not for showing off to experts. But this hobby is a journey, so let's see what builds will be in the future to satisfy my mind.
​​​​​​​I am very grateful for the expertise shared here so the progress never stops.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06

I love my v9.5, I am curious what other changes are in the works... any insight beyond dive bezel markings?

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Got a reply regarding the next update. My TD told me the latest news they got from JF was they are now only upgrading the bezel in the new version. But I personally never trust these factories before launch. Now let's just wait and see what they have in store for v10.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Marklar

Horology Curious
16/3/19
I'm waiting to receive my 9.5, without ghostlines (even tho QC was subpar).

Looking forward to the new version and its overall look.

Just Cavalli

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/4/14
Also waiting for the new release to pull the trigger, I think they’re waiting to clear the v9.5 stock before release.

Reactions: Time_Wizard