• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Thanks for the information but I meant the lume color in a bright room or outside at daylight. The markers lume looks green and the hands look white. Maybe you can take a picture of your watch outside and post it? Would be great :)

I got my QC pics last week... The lume does appear to be different colors. I've rejected this watch due to this and also because I could not buy a few extra links for my 183mm wrist, but needed to buy a completely new bracelet! :-(

AndrewTE94

Horology Curious
30/12/19
Thanks for the information but I meant the lume color in a bright room or outside at daylight. The markers lume looks green and the hands look white. Maybe you can take a picture of your watch outside and post it? Would be great :)

Yes. The markers and the hands are different colours. The hands are white in colour.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I got my QC pics last week... The lume does appear to be different colors. I've rejected this watch due to this and also because I could not buy a few extra links for my 183mm wrist, but needed to buy a completely new bracelet! :-(

if you are bothered by this lume color difference you'd rather buy a gen....
On your 183 wrist you'd rather go for a 15500 ;-)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I got my QC pics last week... The lume does appear to be different colors. I've rejected this watch due to this and also because I could not buy a few extra links for my 183mm wrist, but needed to buy a completely new bracelet! :

That is unfortunate that you could not buy a few extra links. Do you know if it was your dealer or XF that would not sell you the links that you needed? Thanks.

Reactions: XLR8R

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Kinda difficult to buy single links from td, rl or gl, they always push you to buy the whole set.

Flachköpper

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Hamburg area, GER
A customer-oriented TD should offer additional links for - say - 10 dollars a piece.
After all, the dimensions of the wrist may change. You don't necessarily have to do any weight training for that.

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
A customer-oriented TD should offer additional links for - say - 10 dollars a piece.
After all, the dimensions of the wrist may change. You don't necessarily have to do any weight training for that.

I agree with you, however some factories will not sell single links or any parts at all, so the TD cannot fulfill the customers order. I don't know what XF policy is on parts sales. At the other end, some TDs will not accept an order for links or parts unless an additional purchase is made to make it worth their time processing an order. There are also some TDs that will source and sell parts without any stipulations. We just have to shop around for the best deal.

In this case, the cost of an entire bracelet is approximately $150.00 (based on the price of a JF 15400 stainless bracelet), which is a bit high if the buyer only requires 1-3 links with screws. Result: XF looses a sale or buyer buys another bracelet with a cost overrun.

Hopefully Z+F is more generous with the links on the bracelet on their upcoming 15202.

Reactions: N0tail_

Flachköpper

Horology Curious
15/9/19
Hamburg area, GER
Well - the next customer at JTIME or another TD might ask for the cost of an additional link.
BTW - I had the same (bad) experience with a broken crystal at a Datejust-Rep:
"I will send it to you with your next order" (PerfectClones) :-(
Hopefully ZF soon willlet the cat out of the bag... [h=3][/h]

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Well - the next customer at JTIME or another TD might ask for the cost of an additional link.
BTW - I had the same (bad) experience with a broken crystal at a Datejust-Rep:
"I will send it to you with your next order" (PerfectClones) :-(
Hopefully ZF soon willlet the cat out of the bag... [h=3][/h]

Isn‘t there any other XF owner here that has 1 or 2 spare links because the watch was a little bit too big for him with all links?
For example I have 2 links left of my ARF Daytona V2 and if anybody in this forum needs a link for this watch I would sell him my links without a doubt.
Let‘s call it rep-link-exchange lol

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Isn‘t there any other XF owner here that has 1 or 2 spare links because the watch was a little bit too big for him with all links?
For example I have 2 links left of my ARF Daytona V2 and if anybody in this forum needs a link for this watch I would sell him my links without a doubt.
Let‘s call it rep-link-exchange lol

Well it's a good idea, but when you want to sell your watch sometimes it can be more difficult to sell if buyer have bigger wirst than yours and you lack of the additional links.

Maybe the best way is to buy a bracelet all together and to share links.