• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
"Knocking" against the class was a issue with JF too, i think they maxed out the "thinning".

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I’m not worried lol. If it goes tits up it’s easy/cheap to repair. I was just pointing out the fact that the ‘custom A2121 movement’ claim from the factory is bullshit, it’s a stock miyota 9015 with the the quickest date gear removed, a different rotor and a capped seconds pinion. Even still, it’s a great attempt by XF :)

Did these modifications help in making the movement thinner.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Did these modifications help in making the movement thinner.

The capped pinion helps as the crystal can be seated closer to the dial without a seconds hand. Not sure if the rotor is thinner than a stock one to be honest, looks about the same.

plaifender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/09
I’m not worried lol. If it goes tits up it’s easy/cheap to repair. I was just pointing out the fact that the ‘custom A2121 movement’ claim from the factory is bullshit, it’s a stock miyota 9015 with the the quickest date gear removed, a different rotor and a capped seconds pinion. Even still, it’s a great attempt by XF :)

Amazing information! I had no clue it was a stock miyota with one gear removed. That'd be very pertinent information for my watch maker when I bring it in for servicing.

​​​​​​So the miyota 9015 is a movement used in ultra thin applications I'm guessing?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Amazing information! I had no clue it was a stock miyota with one gear removed. That'd be very pertinent information for my watch maker when I bring it in for servicing.

​​​​​​So the miyota 9015 is a movement used in ultra thin applications I'm guessing?

Yes that’s all it is. XF have finished the movement with Geneva strips and perlage also, the finishing isn’t a stock miyota finish.

Yes the 9015 is 3.9mm thick.

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

I’m sure your watchmaker would take a look and know what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andreynitro

24/11/19
Hello community! Sorry for noob question but how to manually wind this watch? In crown position 0? As I understand it has 2 positions in total - regular and for time adjustment and date is also adjusted by hour hand?

plaifender

19/3/09
Hello community! Sorry for noob question but how to manually wind this watch? In crown position 0? As I understand it has 2 positions in total - regular and for time adjustment and date is also adjusted by hour hand?

I’ve never owned a watch that couldn’t manually wind in the 0 position of the crown.

I’m assuming this watch is no different but again, I could be wrong.

VaderTime

9/10/17

Not sure about the rep, but Gen 15202 winds at 0 position

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Almost any watch with a mainspring can be manually wound in the first position, some require an unscrewing of the crown and others not. Depending on the actual movement, positions 2/3 serve different functions like date and time adjustments but position 1 is almost exclusively for winding the watch.

Reactions: Allure

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Yes mate the miyota is noisy. I oiled the rotor bearing and that quietened it drastically and stopped the rotor free spinning like it was trying to take off.

Hi, would you please tell me what type of oil have you used to lube the rotor bearing?

Kmmas

7/4/15
I will be receiving 2x XF15202 soon and will look into modding the screws. Tentatively, yes they should be able to be modded. I will keep you updated after I get the watches and start working on them!

Eagerly waiting :)