• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Ah yes I see what you mean. I wouldn't consider this a big tell though, and I suspect that this can be modded. But nice catch. Outside of that the bracelet looks pretty good IMO, with a nice brush like the gen

To my trained eyes, it's a huge flaw.

At least, they should have nailed the bracelet.

But I do not understand chinese so I'm not sure whether or not the third watch is GEN.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
That time the reviewer was comparing gen to JF. He also explained that the bracket is far off on the JF one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
That time the reviewer was comparing gen to JF. He also explained that the bracket is far off on the JF one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

So you're bringing that the reviewer is comparing JF vs XF vs GEN, Is it that?

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Yes, the third watch is a jf. You can see it from the thickness

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: roadtofreedom

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
left one is XF

middle one is GEN

right one is JF

So I was wrong regarding bracelet edges.

left one (XF) has same edges as middle one (GEN). Both are quite far the right one (JF).

To be honest, I like more the right one edges.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The one on the right is JF. In the video said JF bracelet is wrong for having big bevels, and XF is same as Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying this

plaifender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/09
I just pulled the trigger on one last week! The ONLY thing that makes me nervous is the movement. I get most of my watches serviced within the first year of purchase, but up until now, my watchmaker has only serviced Swiss and Asian ETA 2824s and 2836s, and a handful of Valjoux 7750 and A7750s..

Two things I'm not sure of with this A2121 movement:

1. is the quality good

2. Is a common everyday watchsmith at your average store, able to service a REPLICA in-house movement.

I'm no watchsmith, so I have no clue, but if the watch comes "dry" or noisy, i want it to be able to be serviceabe at the very least!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's a modded miyota movement so normally your watchguy should service it.

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
I just pulled the trigger on one last week! The ONLY thing that makes me nervous is the movement. I get most of my watches serviced within the first year of purchase, but up until now, my watchmaker has only serviced Swiss and Asian ETA 2824s and 2836s, and a handful of Valjoux 7750 and A7750s..

Two things I'm not sure of with this A2121 movement:

1. is the quality good

2. Is a common everyday watchsmith at your average store, able to service a REPLICA in-house movement.

I'm no watchsmith, so I have no clue, but if the watch comes "dry" or noisy, i want it to be able to be serviceabe at the very least!

I'm almost in a similar situation, I have a friend who is an old watchsmith and I never had problems specially when I bought vintage, but since he has no experience with rep movements I feel a bit nervous.
He told me that he knows well the Miyotas but he has no idea about how deep the movement has been modified and neither in "where" it has been modified!
...but he is also curious about it and finally he told me "...get it and we will see...!!"

Last edited:

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I'm almost in a similar situation, I have a friend who is an old watchsmith and I never had problems specially when I bought vintage, but since he has no experience with rep movements I feel a bit nervous.
He told me that he knows well the Miyotas but he has no idea about how deep the movement has been modified and neither in "where" it has been modified!
...but he is also curious about it and finally he told me "...get it and we will see...!!"

The quick date change gear has been removed that’s all. ‘Custom movement’ is the usual rep factory BS.

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
The quick date change gear has been removed that’s all. ‘Custom movement’ is the usual rep factory BS.

Its a $500 rep. Dont worry ahead. Just wear it and possibly, if something happens then first worry :)

Reactions: stufuse

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Its a $500 rep. Dont worry ahead. Just wear it and possibly, if something happens then first worry :)

I’m not worried lol. If it goes tits up it’s easy/cheap to repair. I was just pointing out the fact that the ‘custom A2121 movement’ claim from the factory is bullshit, it’s a stock miyota 9015 with the the quickest date gear removed, a different rotor and a capped seconds pinion. Even still, it’s a great attempt by XF :)

Reactions: velox

reptime101

15/9/18
I’m not worried lol. If it goes tits up it’s easy/cheap to repair. I was just pointing out the fact that the ‘custom A2121 movement’ claim from the factory is bullshit, it’s a stock miyota 9015 with the the quickest date gear removed, a different rotor and a capped seconds pinion. Even still, it’s a great attempt by XF :)

Bill does the watch make a lot of noise on the wrist? debating between this and the new ARF GMT

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Bill does the watch make a lot of noise on the wrist? debating between this and the new ARF GMT

Yes mate the miyota is noisy. I oiled the rotor bearing and that quietened it drastically and stopped the rotor free spinning like it was trying to take off.

The rotor on mine was also knocking on the case back crystal. Too much vertical play on the miyota bearing. I’m replacing the bearing, hopefully that does the trick. The tolerance between the top of the rotor and back of the case back crystal is about 1/10th of mm.

Anyone else have the rotor/case back knocking issue?

reptime101

15/9/18
Yes mate the miyota is noisy. I oiled the rotor bearing and that quietened it drastically and stopped the rotor free spinning like it was trying to take off.

The rotor on mine was also knocking on the case back crystal. Too much vertical play on the miyota bearing. I’m replacing the bearing, hopefully that does the trick. The tolerance between the top of the rotor and back of the case back crystal is about 1/10th of mm.

Anyone else have the rotor/case back knocking issue?

Ah I see I think I'll go with the ARF then for now and when legend offers mods for the watch I'll go for it =-)

With a mod to quiet the movement and a touch up on the screws, i think the watch would be an almost perf rep.

Last edited:

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Ah I see I think I'll go with the ARF then for now and when legend offers mods for the watch I'll go for it =-)

With a mod to quiet the movement and a touch up on the screws, i think the watch would be an almost perf rep.

Just replied to your PM mate.