• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I can’t stand looking at mismatching dial/hands lume. It just looks ugly and a complete deal breaker for me.

I don’t care whether others can see it from 2m or whatever but I can see it on MY own wrist and I personally can’t live with it.

Unfortunately A lot of reps have this issue, you may consider having the dial and hands relumed to match. Although, a lot of relume jobs I have see tend to come with scratched hands and hour markers - it’s hard to get crisp lume application by hand (at least the rep factories use precision machines for apply lume).

Anyways, there’s always something to complain about when it comes to reps! Suppose that’s part of the hobby.

I think you have summed it up pretty well mech. To paraphrase you on two points I agree strongly with

1. It does not matter what others see or do not see, it is your watch and you decide what you can live with (and what you cannot)

2. Yes, imperfection of details is a significant and pervasive part of this hobby. Often, you either accept it as it is, or try to mod it if you cannot. If its still not perfect at the end and its a watch you really really like, perhaps it is time to get the gen.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
TS station, non-TD, listed a new V2 on their site today. Do not order from this site, this is solely for discussion purposes. https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26891

I see no big difference and they don’t list the differences either. Lume maybe looks whiter but there’s still a difference in the colors between hands and dial. And the whiter color could just be exposure/lighting from the camera. Dial still looks super bad to me (grande tapisserie pattern still has a ways to go IMO).

Let's check it out, lume was the things who worried me, if they fixed it it's a instabuy for me while waiting the salmon dial release. Thanks for the news.

Edit: lume still missmatch, next.

Last edited:

Hertzen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
Let's check it out, lume was the things who worried me, if they fixed it it's a instabuy for me while waiting the salmon dial release. Thanks for the news.

For me it's lume + screws. Ah, and movement decoration, but this won't happen.

Salmon-dialed one is the perfection, but I am not so enthusiastic to by as it's not the watch I can afford to wear in gen.

diegogio98

Horology Curious
20/3/19

Any idea on when the salmon dial is going to be released?

MAYHM

Known Member
Certified
22/3/16
Any idea on when the salmon dial is going to be released?

The last update from a week ago was that XF is still working on the dial colour. No concrete date as of yet... Trust me, I'm checking twice a day sometimes lol...

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
The last update from a week ago was that XF is still working on the dial colour. No concrete date as of yet... Trust me, I'm checking twice a day sometimes lol...

Hope the dw is the same as the blue dial.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
TS station, non-TD, listed a new V2 on their site today. Do not order from this site, this is solely for discussion purposes. https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26891

I see no big difference and they don’t list the differences either. Lume maybe looks whiter but there’s still a difference in the colors between hands and dial. And the whiter color could just be exposure/lighting from the camera. Dial still looks super bad to me (grande tapisserie pattern still has a ways to go IMO).
Any word on what constitutes this as a V2? I haven't seen it pop up on any other TD sites yet.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Any word on what constitutes this as a V2? I haven't seen it pop up on any other TD sites yet.

BMBOW.png

Got reply from TSwatch this morning...
i no expert, hasn't spot a difference yet. Could be marketing trick, or their photos didn't do justice for the new update.

Last edited:

N0tail_

1/6/17
It looks like they also updated the bezel screws. They're much sharper and fit better into the bezel unlike the first version where some screws even touched the edge of the bezel.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
BMBOW.png

Got reply from TSwatch this morning...
i no expert, hasn't spot a difference yet. Could be marketing trick, or their photos didn't do justice for the new update.
He's a 'dealer' and he can't ask the factory he deals with directly?
I'm convinced these are all made in Oz and one day we'll see the lil' man behind the curtain making sure our bracelet screws are impossible to get out.

Reactions: King of Coffee

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
Is there a ETA for when the salmon dial is on the way?

diegogio98

Horology Curious
20/3/19

hahaha same as me. Very much hype in this one.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
No it is actually true but XF never called it a V2. It was a silent update. I have the newer version with a more matte finished dial.
Have any other TDs released it?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Have any other TDs released it?

As I said it only was a silent update.
I ordered a XF 15202 2 months ago from Li and he showed me this newer version with more matte blue dial. Anyways in the sun it still has a very strong sunburst effect. In room light it looks totally matte greyish/dark blue.

TS seems to be the only TD naming it V2. Other TDs didn‘t list it as a new updated version. You will get this new dial when ordering now automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesker

Brunello65

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/19
Is the new version available now with any dealers ? Been waiting for updated version