• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hi, once were on the topic of misaligned dates, maybe you guys can help me out. Normally im pretty lax about my qc pics and unless there is something really off I will accept, but I have been looking forward and honestly obsessing over this watch since it came out and I finally pulled the trigger and I would like it to be as good as possible (I know its a rep blah blah blah and its never going to be perfect) the thing is im using a different TD then I normally use so Im a bit hesitant to request a new watch since its my first order with them. I need a little validation that these are acceptable (or not) to request a new one. The issues That Im seeing are misaligned date, 12 o'clock index on right side seems to be lower, screw on movement plate seems to be loose/not properly secure might fall out and cause issues after wearing. any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance!

You, Sir, need more lines and grids to prove your QC as a typical "RL" like the youth tends to say :D

jokes aside - the 12 marker is a non issue - unless you are wearing your watch together with a 20x magnification glass...

Ask your TD to have a look at the other issues - often they are abled to open the case, secure the screw and tighten everything else up rather than to ship the watch back to the factory...

Reactions: jasonbaylee

fishysquishy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
You, Sir, need more lines and grids to prove your QC as a typical "RL" like the youth tends to say :D

jokes aside - the 12 marker is a non issue - unless you are wearing your watch together with a 20x magnification glass...

Ask your TD to have a look at the other issues - often they are abled to open the case, secure the screw and tighten everything else up rather than to ship the watch back to the factory...

I appreciate your response and yeah your probably right. These watches tend bring out my inner OCD

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi, once were on the topic of misaligned dates, maybe you guys can help me out. Normally im pretty lax about my qc pics and unless there is something really off I will accept, but I have been looking forward and honestly obsessing over this watch since it came out and I finally pulled the trigger and I would like it to be as good as possible (I know its a rep blah blah blah and its never going to be perfect) the thing is im using a different TD then I normally use so Im a bit hesitant to request a new watch since its my first order with them. I need a little validation that these are acceptable (or not) to request a new one. The issues That Im seeing are misaligned date, 12 o'clock index on right side seems to be lower, screw on movement plate seems to be loose/not properly secure might fall out and cause issues after wearing. any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance!

I find the guys asking for QC help in general being too picky... but in your case, I do see what you see.

Yes the 12 o'clock markers are not lined up evenly. Yes the screw in the movement plate seems to be crooked in its thread (though that can well be a shadow).
There is a balance between buyer privilege/right and your expectation knowing this is a rep.
You seem to straddle the line well, and I hope more guys can use your approach as an example on how to ask for QC help.

Reactions: Allure and farravi

FRNOOB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/19
Belle montre, on voit quelques détails qui vont pas, à voir si l'usine peut corriger les problèmes sur une prochaine version ...

Tobel

6/7/17
Belle montre, on voit quelques détails qui vont pas, à voir si l'usine peut corriger les problèmes sur une prochaine version ...

You may want to use English outside of the French section. Merci

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

If you’re having a monologue you can use whatever language you want. But otherwise stick to English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I bought one m2m to try the more classic 15400 style (vs 15500) and I really like it (surprisingly)

ccb2225fa778f56fa738e9ca20e1e7b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I bought one m2m to try the more classic 15400 style (vs 15500) and I really like it (surprisingly)

Personally think the 15400 has a better aesthetic than the 15000. 15500 has too much empty space. The 'automatic' text really is needed.
However, the handset and dial hour battons are far better on the 15500 rep than the 15400...

So you can't win either way imo :p haha

But it's all personal really. I think my next one will be a 15400 because of the use of the dial space. The 15500 looks too sterile.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Just take the 15400 dial, cut out the Automatic and paste it on the 15500 dial. Then you have a perfect 15490 and you are good to go:)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Beautiful. Which factory?

Did you just quote a post with all the pics just to ask which factory the watch is from, on a thread which clearly states the factory name?
I don't wish to call you names but will ask you to read more and not clutter up the thread with unnecessary quotes and questions please, thank you.

Reactions: Allure and Rolemars