• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
man that dial looks amazing !
the 15400 always was the royal oak to go for me, I did not really like the 15500 when it was released but dude now this has grown on me so much that I now sell my 15400 to get this one :D
taste is something crazy, first you think man how can they release something like this with its "unbalanced" dial, bigger DW, without the Automatic writing ... and now these are the pros in my view :D

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Wow, thank you guys for those pics! Both, grey and blue, look absolutely gorgeous. I think this 15500 bumps straight up the top of my list and I m going to order one asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottymagic

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Ive not had one, and not planing to order one due to the size of the watch and my small wrists. But by the pictures you guys post im super amazed by the quality and finish of this one. i hope zf releases its 15202 soon i cant wait.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Really? I did post mine a few times before ZF released theirs lol. I’m sure you saw the pics haha.
I really like the ZF production though. It’s very well executed!

Yours is a totally different story. :D I’m following this topic to get a good idea how good the grey ZF looks. Yours totally changed my initial perspective and got me hooked to this new reference. :)

I sold my last AP a while ago and totally miss that special wrist presence. Debating between a blue 15400 and a grey 15500. ZF, shut up and take my money!

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yours is a totally different story. :D I’m following this topic to get a good idea how good the grey ZF looks. Yours totally changed my initial perspective and got me hooked to this new reference. :)

I sold my last AP a while ago and totally miss that special wrist presence. Debating between a blue 15400 and a grey 15500. ZF, shut up and take my money!

Get both my friend, they are different watches and you will enjoy them in different ways!

laytown

Looking Around
7/8/19
I am ordering a Grey ZF 15500 this eve from pure time..my first ever rep purchase =)

zoiks

Known Member
14/2/13

same here.. but on which are you more inclined to buy?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
what do you guys think of the 15500 movement? Should I swap with it for a genuine one?

Yes you should. Absolutely. I got a gen movement in mine already and you should do the same! It’s totally worth it. While you’re at it don’t forget the gen dial, gen hands and if you can, get a gen case too. I did the same and it’s really fantastic trust me.
d02a604f249ce4fc294a6195058dacf4.jpg

c7ff4e597a218c46e6699416847ba70f.jpg

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yes you should. Absolutely. I got a gen movement in mine already and you should do the same! It’s totally worth it. While you’re at it don’t forget the gen dial, gen hands and if you can, get a gen case too. I did the same and it’s really fantastic trust me.
d02a604f249ce4fc294a6195058dacf4.jpg

c7ff4e597a218c46e6699416847ba70f.jpg

Lol

Reactions: RonP and Rolemars

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Maybe he means an undecorated Miyota

I was not trying to troll him but the question was rather meaningless. Of course the gen movement will be better but it is not possible to get the cal 4302 movement alone currently and the cost is prohibitive for most. So it’s not very practical to ask if one should get a gen movement for a $400 rep like it’s a crystal upgrade or even a gen dial upgrade. My guy at AP did quote me S$7500 (that’s more than usd5500) for a gen 4302 caliber when I asked how much it will cost if the movement in my 15500 is damaged due to my own carelessness. And the old movement needs to be exchanged for the new one. The parts policy is getting stricter for AP and Rolex among other brands and it’s getting very difficult to source for even the 3120 caliber used by the divers and 15400. That’s the reason I felt that the question was asked in ignorance/complacency like you can just go on eBay to purchase a caliber 4302 right now.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to buy one. Someday somewhere one will pop up for sale for one reason or another. But it’s literally like striking the lottery finding one in complete and working condition. Backdoor parts sales do exist and will continue to exist. It’s just that the channel will be a lot more constricted than before. I will be delighted to see 15500 frankens being built soon with gen dials and possibly hands and maybe 2-3 with gen movements years later. But guys need to be aware of the situation and not ask unrealistic questions. Everyone knows that gen parts make the reps better, but their current availability makes the question almost rhetorical in nature.

Xilikon

20/8/19
what do you guys think of the 15500 movement? Should I swap with it for a genuine one?

Beside the swapping question which got answered a lot (indeed very expensive and unrealistic unless you got lucky stumbling on a cheap one someone is trying to get rid), I will comment on the movement...

I have the Grey 15500 since one month and upon receiving, it's 5 mins too fast and something is wrong with it so I sent to oascom to service it. He said it's overoiled with cheap oil and dirty, hence why it's not running right but after servicing, it's running +1.4s/d now. The decoration is put with double-side tape on the movement and the rotor wasn't installed properly so it's rubbing.

Miyota 9015 is a nice reliable movement but please service it when you receive the 15500 so it will be working reliably.

If the 9015 is broken, I think a new 9015 can be put without modifications since what you see in the caseback is decorations hiding the true movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver