• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And this one???? Blue Baton!!

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
keeping the same rotor and deco ? THen why did they implement such a steep cb...

Yes, the deco plate must be removed and a little modded with cb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Oh don’t worry about the blue. There are lots of other tells for this model even after modding. Treat it as a nice looking watch but if you want something accurate I’ll suggest you stick with your other modded reps. ;)

Thanks brother. So, what do you think about JF's dial color? Is it close to gen? Seems like gen also have many blue color on the re-edition 2018, Am I right?

Thanks Legend.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks brother. So, what do you think about JF's dial color? Is it close to gen? Seems like gen also have many blue color on the re-edition 2018, Am I right?

Thanks Legend.

The original beast/blue baton/ref. 25721 released in 1993 comes in one color variant for the dial. Over the years, the color can fade or turn into a tropic dial depending on the climate and sunlight conditions which it is exposed to. That is why you see different blues on the gen, but it is in actual fact only one color variant. The series D, E, F for this model were all updated subtly, but the dial and tachy colors remained the same throughout.

There was the Ref 26218ST released in 2013 (20th anniversary) and there is the current Ref 26237ST (25th anniversary), released in 2018. I have not seen the current version, but the dial color seems to be different from the original one. So it depends on which version your watch is replicating, but within any single reference, the dial and tachy colors are the same.

The JF dial/tachy colors seem alright, but without a side by side comparison with the gen, my guess is as good as anyone's else. But my advice is the same: enjoy it as a modded rep, and don't worry too much about these details. If any "flaws" keep you awake at night, or make you want to sell the watch, you know it is time you need a gen instead. In this hobby, there are limitations and you can mod the watch in every way, and it will remain a rep. So mod your mentality instead to like it for what it is, and you will enjoy this hobby for a long time to come.

Edit: if your caseback shows a J series, it is replicating the 2018 26237ST. Check your pushers and crown.. they need to be dark blue instead of black. Date font is wrong for the series (font used in the 26237 is a rather unique one which pre-dates the 3126/3840 serif font date wheel, check out date "17" and you will see). Of course, like all rep ROOs, the hands look completely off even after thinning. Dial details are also different from the gen. Honestly, your Ginza and Panda for example are a lot better done. This is a special ROO and the mods which apply to the other regular models will not make this more gen-like in appearance.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
See mine!!! Before and after change case back. Thickness went down to 15 mm.

Before
9abcc2f4f918e83c8a9ec15c723cb02c.jpg

After
e72b1cfcbe47730051739491486bdef8.jpg

Pretty nice, thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: Zeula

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Actually, before I changed the case back i felt like HAMBURGER watch. Lol

Lol that what i was thinking till to see your caseback switch, wondering why jf have done this FAT caseback, maybe a commercial purposes (inb4 v2 incoming lol)

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Lol that what i was thinking till to see your caseback switch, wondering why jf have done this FAT caseback, maybe a commercial purposes (inb4 v2 incoming lol)

Anyway, Its too thick!!! Hahaha