• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

cvlno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/18
In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

xqn4L.jpg
xqePK.jpg
xqoUA.jpg

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

-Index -

1.1 Updates and "v9.5"
1.2 Initial Impressions / Quality
1.3 Closing Thoughts / Pics

1.1 Updates and "v9.5"
So I received this watch about a week ago today and all I can say is wow. This watch is beyond impressive. Having taken trips to my local ADs and trying on the authentic I can say with absolute confidence the v9.5 is probably the closest rep out there to gen. This particular watch is a V9, but the newest batch.
This newest batch includes
- Accurate classic date font
- Fixed issue with green hands (fully charged they are still ever so slightly darker but not noticeable irl, only in macro photography)
- Improved caseback engravings

The first thing I'll address is the date font. The date font is arguably the first thing to giveaway a replica. It seems like manufacturers never get it spot on, but this time JF came very close. This particular example is an "H serial" which means "it was produced" between 2011-2014. H series models sported both the classic and modern date font which gives you the option to keep the classic font or mod in a mikey dw. I personally prefer the classic font so no complaints here :D

xqLoD.png
xqFKX.jpg

Here is a picture of a genuine classic date wheel. It is only the "29" on the JF that is just slightly off. Overall, for someone being extremely picky about date fonts, I'm very satisfied.

1.2 Initial Impressions / Build Quality
Unfortunately this particular watch came broken from puretime. The stem was wiggly / loose (first thing I noticed when setting initial time) and the stem completely snapped off within 48 hours. I'm a bit disappointed with puretime for sending me a defective watch, but that's not the subject of this review. As far as build quality from JF goes I'm satisfied. I'm sure this happens from time to time and I just have bad luck, as I have read that JF build quality is usually quite good. Apparently this is even an issue on the gen diver (search in rolexforums). So I'm not too upset about it. Luckily the folks at trustytime came to the rescue and offered me a new replacement crown and stem after puretime refused to acknowledge my multiple emails.

xqxKe.jpg
xHo7r.jpg
xHGpF.jpg
​​

I also opted for the metal bracelet from JF as I had heard the rubber quality is sub-par. Having worn the gen several times I can say that the rubber strap is a bit soft, and cheap feeling (I'll most likely source a gen for summer). The gen is far stiffer and smoother. As far as the bracelet quality goes, I'm pretty blown away. The quality of the brushing / polishing on the links is superb. Only con with having the metal bracelet on, is that the watch is extremely heavy at 235 grams. I've also noticed on the genuine theres a slightly larger gap between the first link and the case (funny how a replica looks better than gen in this regard) and the gap at the "AP" logo on the clasp is a bit large. The mixture of brushing and polishing on the bracelet as well as on the bezel is without a doubt my favorite feature of this watch. I could stare at it all day.

1.3 Closing Thoughts / Pictures
Overall I am extremely happy with this watch and can say with absolute confidence it's something I'll keep and wear for a long time. If it wasn't for the stem snapping I wouldn't have a single complaint. Huge thanks to the people over at JF for producing such an amazing quality product, and trustytime for the help sourcing the new stem. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone here at RWI for helping me through my first rep purchase. This community is awesome and I can't wait to buy more watches and hopefully write some more reviews.

xqfaQ.jpg
xq9YT.jpg
xqNPf.jpg
​​

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wish the pics worked on my iPhone (I don’t have a computer). Either way thank you for taking the time to write a review, the information is really useful and makes this forum what it is.

cvlno

22/6/18
Wish the pics worked on my iPhone (I don’t have a computer). Either way thank you for taking the time to write a review, the information is really useful and makes this forum what it is.

Thanks! Did I do something wrong when adding the pictures? I just used picr.me and imbedded them into the post. I'll edit in some links so others who have the same issue can see :) https://picr.me/album/cmTa

Reactions: YatchMister

cvlno

22/6/18
Nice review man, wear it in good health! Bummer about the stem

Thanks! And it was a bummer just glad trusty came to the rescue. I'm going to get it serviced and should be back up and running in a month-ish hopefully.

cvlno

22/6/18
^ i'd like to know this too, did trusty source that for you as well?

I purchased the bracelet separate from the watch (I bought it on rubber). Trusty might be able to source the watch on the metal bracelet if that's something you want. I'm positive they can also source just the bracelet. They are super helpful and have been super fast to reply to any of my questions. I believe I paid $188 for the bracelet. Worth every penny.

cvlno

22/6/18
I don't see this watch listed on a bracelet on any Td website, did you order the bracelet separate or am I missing something?

I purchased the bracelet separate from the watch (I bought it on rubber). Trusty might be able to source the watch on the metal bracelet if that's something you want. I'm positive they can also source just the bracelet. They are super helpful and have been super fast to reply to any of my questions. I believe I paid $188 for the bracelet. Worth every penny.

FTW

25/9/18
Did this also come with the flexable end links?
Seems like some are, some aren't. H Serial with flexable end links right from JF would be nice.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you for the nice review and pics (pls post more!)! I had this (V7) with the bracelet and I let it go because of the heft but now having second thoughts lolol, looks like a gen there :)