Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

Looks like we have a new release!!!
    I have still not looked/comapared to the gen one but looking forward to see some better photos, reviews,..this one is so damn sexy!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

What website is that?

Comment

Wow, I wonder how thick!

Comment

Originally posted by zeroh0ur View Post
                Wow, I wonder how thick!
                according to my source the watch should be 41mm and 12.4mm thick. The power reserve should be ~80hrs

Comment

Meh

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                  RM#1:
                  I’ll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I’ll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

12.4 mm isn't bad. I dont think anyone will be able to get it to 9mm like the gen.
                    at least they updated the wheel for the hands to gold instead of steel.
                    face looks great!

if this is around 700. I think i am in for one. especially if the tour works well and is quiet

Comment

Originally posted by dadog13 View Post

according to my source the watch should be 41mm and 12.4mm thick. The power reserve should be ~80hrs
                      That's an impressive power reserve, but somewhat unfortunate on the thickness.

Gen is only 8.85mm, so the rep is 40% (!) thicker..

Comment

Gen is “ultrathin”..I belive that for at least some time replica factories will have an issue with replicating accurately such movements/models (similar to the story with the PP Nautilus)..

Comment

I never thought I'd be excited about a purple-faced watch, but I'll be damned. I'm on the list for when that comes out ...

Comment

40% is only 3.5mm. and if you can get someone to grind it down. it would be at 10mm ish..
                            I think most can live with 3 mm or 1 mm difference. considering, Gen is 100k and limited vs rep at 700 ish..no?

Comment

Originally posted by dadog13 View Post

Gen is “ultrathin”..I belive that for at least some time replica factories will have an issue with replicating accurately such movements/models (similar to the story with the PP Nautilus)..
                              Fully agreed that it's difficult to replicate accurately the thinness, it does seem to be the 'final frontier' (besides supercomplications).

Originally posted by transteam View Post

40% is only 3.5mm. and if you can get someone to grind it down. it would be at 10mm ish..
                              I think most can live with 3 mm or 1 mm difference. considering, Gen is 100k and limited vs rep at 700 ish..no?
                              I could live with 10mm, even 10.5mm, but 12.4mm is unfortunately pushing it imo, particularly as gen is labelled as 'ultra thin'.
                              Of course that's my opinion, and I'm just anal about thickness on thin watches. Like, I don't care about 16mm on a PAM or a Knights of the Round Table, but a 15400 or a nautilus..

On grinding, not sure if it's possible, even the new 44mm open caseback ROOs can't be thinned..

Comment

Working...
                              X