• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF - New Release

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I absolutely love the look of the Sead’s quartz model but I can’t live with the fit and finish of the bracelet. I wish they improve the quality to match JF 15400 fit and finish and increase price accordingly.

Don’t get me wrong, the Quartz bracelet does not feel like cheap Chinese junk but it’s nowhere near JF or gen.

On the wrist the quartz looks close enough to 1:1 (for all intents and purposes) but if you inspect the watch in the hands, it feels like a $140 watch .... not $400

Here is my sead quartz vs gen 15400:
3f4c449e69da9da201de3344ef8aa4ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
This would have been so much better if they had just engraved directly the miyota movement (as it’s done with several classic Breguet reps) instead of putting decorative plates.
The miyota doesn’t look that different from the gen movement and deco plates don’t fool anyone anyways especially if the rep is super thick when the all point of the watch is its ultra thin feature.

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Tottaly agree with mech500 i mean the quartz is a 140 usd watch and sadly the quality is not like JF

Maybe the JF bracelet fit onto the Quartz? That would be nice!

For me the problems are really the printing and the thickness because its a ultrathin and now looks nothing like ultrathin :D

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
Hello guys,

Today I am happy, this new JF release has for me some serious arguments. Don’t misunderstand me, it is clearly not perfect and for a connaisseur it would be easy and fast to spot it on as a Rep.

I am quite excited by the JF quality of the watch, the case build and quality, just the fact that screws are not glued is for me a good improvement. The bracelet looks really good, logos are up to date for a J serie, and the color of the dial is close to the Gen with its mate effect (to be confirmed).

The open case back is interesting, the movement is close enough from the Gen even if it would be easy to see that it’s a fake for an AP fan.

I am puzzled about the case thickness. I know that the Gen is 8.1mm however, I clearly can’t tell you if me, I could see and feel the difference wearing it. I know that it is a big débat for many watches (Nautilus, Daytona, 15400, etc.) however, we are talking about 1-1.5 mm (10% generally of the case). But can we really see it once wearing the beast?

Based on experience on 15400 and 15450, could someone estimate how far we could thin the case (0.5-1mm???) to be closer to the Gen?

I am more concern about the DW. It is ugly, not the right size, it should be bigger, and what is really annoying me is that the quartz version has a really good DW!!!

The graal should be to combine both watches:
- JF version of the case/movement/bracelet/dial color
- Quartz version of the thinnest/DW/dial printing

In conclusion, I am happy to see this watch even with its flaws, however I don’t think I will buy it mainly because of its DW...

Cheers,

E

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

el_assamite

13/7/10
I agree, however choosing my fight between a good quality build and thickness, I am not able to position myself for now... I just don’t know...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is look at the fucked up AP logo on the JF its bend more than the quartz one. Sometimes i really think how hard is it to make these logos? lol

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
But can we really see it once wearing the beast

I don’t think I can “see” the thicker case on my wrist or on another persons wrist.

However, the extra thickness on the rep makes it “feel” completely different to gen IMO. Gen feels like a thin watch. If you add extra 10% built it ain’t gonna feel ultra thin anymore....but I am a bit of a connoisseur and thinness is important to me.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I was excited at first... then onto closer inspection... sigh...

They couldve made it so much easier. Make a super rep based on the quartz rep. Voila, done!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Guys who is getting one? I'am really thinking about it :D normally iam not that one that needs 3 times the same watch but the 15202 is the watch that i wear the most of the time because the bracelet + the watch itself looks incredible.

Maybe i should get one and make a review/comparison with the quartz ones (i have the new and the old quartz)? Was thinking about getting a ARF Submariner next but the 15202 is like a better watch for my wrist :D because Rolex ive never wear (because i doesnt't fit my arm very well).

Reactions: gamba66 and stufuse

el_assamite

13/7/10
I am asking myself the same question... ;-)

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Guys who is getting one? I'am really thinking about it :D normally iam not that one that needs 3 times the same watch but the 15202 is the watch that i wear the most of the time because the bracelet + the watch itself looks incredible.

Maybe i should get one and make a review/comparison with the quartz ones (i have the new and the old quartz)? Was thinking about getting a ARF Submariner next but the 15202 is like a better watch for my wrist :D because Rolex ive never wear (because i doesnt't fit my arm very well).

Im getting the new JF 15202

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

Do it!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Tigerdragon

el_assamite

13/7/10
I will wait to see real life pictures and feedbacks. I would love to have both SS and RG versions of this great watch. I am actually thinking about going Gen on this one. Difficult to source, there is a long waiting list...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah ill wait too :D maybe just the pics look to bad maybe the "final" pictures are better :D

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
One of my best friends got the gen in steel/gold and it´s fantastic on the wrist. Just not a fan of the price tag... Think he bought his 2nd hand for around 10k usd.
He also got the Paktek Nautilus 5167-A001 in steel. Tough what to wear in the morning. I think im in the Quartz camp on this PT release. To much work to fix ;((

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The only thing thats really bother me is the printing :D the rest will be fine (in quality term) but the printing looks even worse than my 15400 V2 :( and the logo (which looks more bend than my quartz one).

Edit: And ofcourse the height like mech500 said they wear completly different when the height is different.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The only thing thats really bother me is the printing :D the rest will be fine (in quality term) but the printing looks even worse than my 15400 V2 :( and the logo (which looks more bend than my quartz one).

Edit: And ofcourse the height like mech500 said they wear completly different when the height is different.

i can see your point of the printing being too weak compared to the ice white printing on sead's 140$ version.

what i cannot understand is - how do you define "worse printing"?

I think the tapisserie and its color is a great effort for the 15202 rep world as the Quartz dial got the color right but not the shape of the tapissserie in total IMO.

I can imagine that it is not that of a big deal to remove the deco plates and thin down the case back. At this point i get your point as well - it is not decent out of the box, yeah... But it is possible.

and to be fair - everyone that wears a 15400 from JF is used to compromise with their date wheel font. So at this point i think it is a very good first attempt after everyone cried for a 15202 with JF quality - now here it is.

Like always - there has to be a first try and as we are not speaking about the most sought for watch model like the submariner or any other closed case back tool watch like a rolex... This watch has some different artistic character to it.

maybe i will give this watch a try.

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp