• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP Dark Knight

fitipaldi

8/10/10
I like it! It will be my first buy after 2 years (I have all AP I liked:13)

However it could be been better an all ceramic version. Mmmmh maybe I will switch the SS case by a FC case...

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Interesting watch, wonder how is the strap quality?
Same as per gen, shiny and thinner?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
I know this is a prototype, but the hour hand center looks as big as a dinner plate. Is it just me or is that way bigger than the usual rep hands on 42mm’s

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I like it! It will be my first buy after 2 years (I have all AP I liked:13)

However it could be been better an all ceramic version. Mmmmh maybe I will switch the SS case by a FC case...

I thought about that actually, as I don't have any from the updated AP pieces with the new shape case/bezel . Might be difficult because the case and bezel is a new build compared to the old versions so not sure if carbon parts from the old build are interchangeable. When you do switch the FC with the SS case let us see how it looks and if it's possible :)

fitipaldi

8/10/10
I thought about that actually, as I don't have any from the updated AP pieces with the new shape case/bezel . Might be difficult because the case and bezel is a new build compared to the old versions so not sure if carbon parts from the old build are interchangeable. When you do switch the FC with the SS case let us see how it looks and if it's possible :)

I was not aware rep factories updated their cases... thanks for the info

Sent from the RWI App

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I was not aware rep factories updated their cases... thanks for the info

Sent from the RWI App

Not Just rep factories but AP came out with a new 42mm collection in 2014 with new safari and a few other pieces which had updated ceramic pushers instead of rubber coated pushers in the past and the case build changed slightly but not sure how much the case changed . Ever since 2014 till present all 42mm AP's especially, have the new ceramic pushers and updated case. If you realise there hasn't been a carbon 42mm after 2014 as they decided to scrap carbon 42mm's so swapping a carbon case from the older 42mm models might not fit unless it still has similar dimensions. I might be wrong but no one has done that recently that I know about ??

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I think the biggest news here is that sick strap !!

Can it be purchased separately ?

watchtiger

22/11/16
This watch reminds me so much of the DOHA. They should re-release the DOHA with a titanium case.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Oh yeah! Let’s get this party started!!!

https://puretime.io/ap2018072105.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the vampire with a ceramic bezel.
I love the look and most likely will buy it.
Is it just me or the purple dots in the vampire are red in this one, but in the gen, they don’t seem so red.

72673847d5c97d0aac7714c34e8c9502.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Does anyone know if the open caseback versions are the same thickness as the closed caseback? Puretime lists them both as 16mm thick but the open caseback looks kind of thick

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
none of my ROOs stock was ever 16mm

The thickest I have/had is an End of Days at 15.8

I had some at 15.4 also

so I would take TD descriptions with a pinch of salt

THIS SAID IT LOOKS F THICK

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
none of my ROOs stock was ever 16mm

The thickest I have/had is an End of Days at 15.8

I had some at 15.4 also

so I would take TD descriptions with a pinch of salt

THIS SAID IT LOOKS F THICK

Yeah I’m really liking the new grey themes just listed on PT, but it looks so thick