• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Sincere Tantalum Owner's Club - post em if ya got one

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
;)
to oxidize the titanium (to achieve the tantalum look) you have to throw the titanium pieces into:
sodium percarbonate or you buy Vanish Oxi Action (or something different with 30% oxygen based bleach)

Or you could just give the bezel to a cnc factory to make a real tantalum one ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Or you could just give the bezel to a cnc factory to make a real tantalum one ????

was that a silent hint that there is someone who is actually planning to do this certain thing? ;)

I'm excited as hell mate :D

Reactions: TheDonSL

machim

19/7/17
Bitcoin is not a bad option to pay guys.

Once you set it up, it is really easy to use and transfer fee is low like nothing.

Normally, WU charge me $14 ~ $25 for transfer fee depends on the amount and country.

But bitcoin transfer charge you less than 50 cents.

So with 5% discount. It’s mostly the same as 10%

Reactions: Phen1970

btocamelo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/09
Bitcoin is not a bad option to pay guys.

Once you set it up, it is really easy to use and transfer fee is low like nothing.

Normally, WU charge me $14 ~ $25 for transfer fee depends on the amount and country.

But bitcoin transfer charge you less than 50 cents.

So with 5% discount. It’s mostly the same as 10%

After looking over BC payment wallets like coinbase ... I have to agree ... I used WU in the past. I assume payments for a watch would have to be something ridiculous like 0.65 of a Bitcoin?

machim

19/7/17
After looking over BC payment wallets like coinbase ... I have to agree ... I used WU in the past. I assume payments for a watch would have to be something ridiculous like 0.65 of a Bitcoin?

Also, if you ever need TD to refund your money. You would not have to worry about losing $25-$30 for transfer fee

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
That's just great! ... we're running out of payment methods now and bitcoin is not an easy setup.

I assume wire transfer is also out of the question

With all due respect BTC is as easy to set up as anything. And once set up it process is the easiest of all payment methods.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: swordfish_77

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I think Western Union blocked a lot or all from China and most people either got banned from sending or receiving. That and Moneygram are pretty much dead.

They have been cracking down it's true. Not much we can do about it. TDs can't use what they know won't work.

Sent from the RWI App

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Yes they do. It's hidden in the exchange rate they use.

This^^^ the exchange rate will be awful!! That's why if you use BTC you don't have that issue. I get it BTC still has issues but if you buy your BTC and pay for your watch right away you won't have to worry about movement in price. That will be the TDs issue.

Sent from the RWI App

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I believe the push is eventually into bitcoin ... TD's will save on processor fees (cut out another middle man) and they'll kick us back a small 5% (I preferred WU 10% that PT use to provide) ... EMS shipping will still be $30+ ... with bitcoin the transactions will be invisible and TD's won't have to deal with noobish chargebacks or issues with taking down their PP or WU accounts ... funds will be invisible and able to be moved or withdrawn from anywhere around the world ... where do I sign up! :D

While most of this post is correct you should be aware that one part is completely incorrect. BTC is not invisible as you say. The blockchain is in fact a public ledger for all to read. So it's the complete opposite of invisible, it's all there to read. That said don't let it stop you from using. Hopefully all TDs will eventually offer payment this way. Will make life much easier.

Sent from the RWI App

btocamelo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/09
While most of this post is correct you should be aware that one part is completely incorrect. BTC is not invisible as you say. The blockchain is in fact a public ledger for all to read. So it's the complete opposite of invisible, it's all there to read. That said don't let it stop you from using. Hopefully all TDs will eventually offer payment this way. Will make life much easier.

Sent from the RWI App

but on the blockchain public ledger ... the transaction is just a number? ... or can you see actual payor and receiver information? ... apologies to the Mods, maybe this topic should be lifted onto an actual BC thread? ... I will cease with the BC questions here ;)

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
uuhh....this was supposed to be a picture thread.....more pics please. :alien:

Auto_xer

Known Member
19/8/14
Here's a pic to get this back on track. On grey rubber strap. (It was a b* to get the screws off the rep strap). Will post proper pics later.

AP-Tantalum-Darka62507970366cad5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Versaceboy54

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Here's a pic to get this back on track. On grey rubber strap. (It was a b* to get the screws off the rep strap). Will post proper pics later.

AP-Tantalum-Darka62507970366cad5.jpg

Putting a hairdryer on the holes to warm the locktight that appears to be on these screws can help to loosen it up and may make life easier to unscrew the strap.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

Auto_xer

Known Member
19/8/14
Putting a hairdryer on the holes to warm the locktight that appears to be on these screws can help to loosen it up and may make life easier to unscrew the strap.
Thanks for the tip. Will try that on future straps.

I was lucky that the screws were not tight. It was getting the cap out of the strap. Had to destroy the rep strap to get a good grip. Even with tweezers. Then pushing the screw out the other side was tough too.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Thanks, and way more comfortable for me too. I'm enjoying the watch on rubber and tang while waiting for VIc/SMP Lover's grey hornback strap.

I’m also waiting on my hornback lol. Where did you get that grey rubber?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Mine before I do all the mods on Jacob dark grey hornback. I have a very special strap being made also for this beauty!!

2fd154dcbd03685040d9494300334420.jpg
b7f494c7fe06f7dfdb4496552c847a07.jpg
f1656f16fcc2eaa1c039efcfcb6a5c10.jpg

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

Auto_xer

Known Member
19/8/14
Mine before I do all the mods on Jacob dark grey hornback. I have a very special strap being made also for this beauty!!

2fd154dcbd03685040d9494300334420.jpg
b7f494c7fe06f7dfdb4496552c847a07.jpg
f1656f16fcc2eaa1c039efcfcb6a5c10.jpg

Looks great. How are you designing your strap (e.g., strap color and stitching color)?