• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Sincere Tantalum Owner's Club - post em if ya got one

machim

19/7/17
For me consistency of hand lume with dial lume in both bright light and darkness needed to be addressed through a 50:50 C3/C5 relume. The rep hand lume is just too weak, and the daylight color match was not optimal. Also the background color of the DW needed to be altered to ivory. The rep DW is pure white and a little glossy, even if it is the same print as Mikey's DW. Last problem: the case notches for the tachy were offset a bit and required a solution for better alignment. Xtal height also needed adjustment. Good stuff: gen rubber straps fit without gap on these Ti plots. It seems also that JF are using a new, clean batch of sec@12 movements. Also, the rotor seemed better machined. Visually, this SE rep, if modded, is very close to the quality of a White Themes Franken, but, at 16mm thickness, it does wear top heavy and thicker and chunkier than a thinned Franken case. Perhaps I will thin the caseback on mine for this reason. Overall, very nice rep. Can be worn with satisfaction once unpacked. The mods I mention are really for the nit-pickers and guys with experience of the gens/Frankens.

Hi slaughter, does it means, it should fit gen leather strap as well without gap

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Does anyone know where I can get longer rubber straps like 115 size that will fit without gaps or modding?

Last edited:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Hi slaughter, does it means, it should fit gen leather strap as well without gap

The OEM gen leather strap I fitted on one had no gap, so I tend to think yes. BTW, JF obviously used some type of loctite on the bar and caps. Very difficult to remove. I recommend cleaning this bar and caps of all loctite before re-use. Loctite is evil.

Reactions: Phen1970

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
no issue, just the loss of exclusivity. as a collector it is kind of nice to get a limited piece.
Come on, it’s not a limited 100 K piece of course it should be mass produced, I want one.

btocamelo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/09

Aaaahhhh .... hate you guys that have all this machinery and a workshop!!! :p

josh_w

Known Member
18/11/10
My new hornback from Donerix. It’s a greenish grey matches really well.

17c68a7e9eb397510e3d4c682964bf95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btocamelo

28/9/09
Regarding paying for this AP ... how are you guys paying PT? ... over the years WU has always been the go to option, with no issues and even 10% discount.. Now PT is only accepting credit card and bitcoin? Is everyone OK with using their credit cards on these websites?

Last edited:

josh_w

Known Member
18/11/10
Be aware that they overcharge using your credit card (around $40) and then say "sorry, it's the exchange rate, tough luck."

Reactions: SuperLory

btocamelo

28/9/09
Be aware that they overcharge using your credit card (around $40) and then say "sorry, it's the exchange rate, tough luck."

Yes, that is what I have read elsewhere ... "rate charges by the card processor" ... I have no idea who these CC processors are

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Guys all merchants charge 3% or some extra fee when using credit cards. It costs the merchant money to get paid by credit card. This goes for all businesses really. This is not Macy’s, so if you don’t understand that or exchange rates then you shouldn’t be in the game.

btocamelo

28/9/09
Guys all merchants charge 3% or some extra fee when using credit cards. It costs the merchant money to get paid by credit card. This goes for all businesses really. This is not Macy’s, so if you don’t understand that or exchange rates then you shouldn’t be in the game.

Then why not offer WU as this has always been the case? CC exposes extra personal information ... and we can agree the transactions we are processing here are not Macy's, so who know what the processor is doing with my CC and pin number? I've ordered thousands of dollars in past decade from Angus ... WU was never a problem.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Then why not offer WU as this has always been the case? CC exposes extra personal information ... and we can agree the transactions we are processing here are not Macy's, so who know what the processor is doing with my CC and pin number? I've ordered thousands of dollars in past decade from Angus ... WU was never a problem.

I think Western Union blocked a lot or all from China and most people either got banned from sending or receiving. That and Moneygram are pretty much dead.

btocamelo

28/9/09
I think Western Union blocked a lot or all from China and most people either got banned from sending or receiving. That and Moneygram are pretty much dead.

That's just great! ... we're running out of payment methods now and bitcoin is not an easy setup.

I assume wire transfer is also out of the question

btocamelo

28/9/09
My CC does not charge Foreign Transactions fee ... would like to know if others have similar result where they were not charged extra?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
My CC does not charge Foreign Transactions fee ... would like to know if others have similar result where they were not charged extra?

Yes they do. It's hidden in the exchange rate they use.

btocamelo

28/9/09
I believe the push is eventually into bitcoin ... TD's will save on processor fees (cut out another middle man) and they'll kick us back a small 5% (I preferred WU 10% that PT use to provide) ... EMS shipping will still be $30+ ... with bitcoin the transactions will be invisible and TD's won't have to deal with noobish chargebacks or issues with taking down their PP or WU accounts ... funds will be invisible and able to be moved or withdrawn from anywhere around the world ... where do I sign up! :D

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
BTW, anyone tried darkening the titanium with some chemicals? I remember many guys were doing that on PAM 172 titanium/tantalum reps back in the old days.

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

BIONONE

28/4/17
BTW, anyone tried darkening the titanium with some chemicals? I remember many guys were doing that on PAM 172 titanium/tantalum reps back in the old days.

to oxidize the titanium (to achieve the tantalum look) you have to throw the titanium pieces into:
sodium percarbonate [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]or you buy Vanish Oxi Action (or something different with 30% oxygen based bleach) [/FONT]