• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've emailed TSWatch asking if it is indeed from DC Factory, should get an answer soon

Keep in mind that TSWatch is no longer a RWI trusted dealer. They lost their trusted status because of customer issues. RWI will not help you if a deal goes wrong.

seedeetee

Renowned Member
27/3/17
Yeah, noted on TSWatch's TD status. They've emailed back and the watch is indeed from DC Factory.

Reactions: vcappp

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Wanting to get a 15202 blue dial quartz as a test drive on APs ahead of sinking money into a franken but the consensus seems to be Sead is off air at present. Any other options?

stoyania

15/4/16
something strange happened to me using the Sead sourced 15202 (DC factory i think). Last week in Italy was really hot and sweating a lot when outside
My business shirt cuff where it rubs against the watch (on the inside of the cuff) has been stained in rusty-looking spots. Happened to 3 of my shirts and then i realized it and stop wearing the watch for the rest of the week. No stains on the next 2 shirts after switching to another watch

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
something strange happened to me using the Sead sourced 15202 (DC factory i think). Last week in Italy was really hot and sweating a lot when outside
My business shirt cuff where it rubs against the watch (on the inside of the cuff) has been stained in rusty-looking spots. Happened to 3 of my shirts and then i realized it and stop wearing the watch for the rest of the week. No stains on the next 2 shirts after switching to another watch

Try soaking the bracelet in machine oil (and/or WD40). It will remove metal impurities that could be causing rust spots. Make sure you thoroughly wash it in hot soapy water afterwards to remove oil and use a hairdryer to remove all traces of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoyania

15/4/16
Try soaking the bracelet in machine oil (and/or WD40). It will remove metal impurities that could be causing rust spots. Make sure you thoroughly wash it in hot soapy water afterwards to remove oil and use a hairdryer to remove all traces of water

thank you for the advise mech500 will try that next week when back home

Reactions: mech500

Nickblmdm

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/3/18
Turkey
5b8c4e3aab3e1d7793c565066d1c696a.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
5b8c4e3aab3e1d7793c565066d1c696a.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

nice watch shot itself except the black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case came outside drastically.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Its a cheap watch so the steel will be the cheapest you can use :D

Yes, they use low chromium stainless steel which is susceptible to rust spotting if the surface protective later is damaged. Machine shop cross contamination with carbon steel dust/shavings etc can also lead to rust spots and galvanic corrosion of stainless. That’s why it’s always best to thoroughly clean and dry rep warehouse (I mean factory) watches before use.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
nice watch shot itself except the black rubber gasket between the bezel and the case came outside drastically.

I have the same problem with mine, I use my fingernail to push the gasket underneath the bezel, but the gasket works itself out again eventually. I thought about cutting the gasket with a sharp X-Acto blade, but I'm afraid that I'll scratch the case. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I have the same problem with mine, I use my fingernail to push the gasket underneath the bezel, but the gasket works itself out again eventually. I thought about cutting the gasket with a sharp X-Acto blade, but I'm afraid that I'll scratch the case. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

as this cheapie won't be water proof anyways - i would remove it completely... but that is just my practical thinking brain while i have no skills or knowledge in watch making hehe

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Yeah that gasket is crap - I have the same problem with it twisting around and jumping out of place every time I give it a clean.

I think the only way to properly affix it would be to dismantle and use some sort of adhesive to affix it to the bezel. I haven't gotten that adventurous with it yet.

I don't want to remove it outright because I'm worried about that making it even easier for any tiny splash to make its way inside. I don't think this watch is even marginally water resistant, but I don't want to make it even more susceptible by providing a less-obstructed path.

stoyania

15/4/16
Yeah that gasket is crap - I have the same problem with it twisting around and jumping out of place every time I give it a clean.

I think the only way to properly affix it would be to dismantle and use some sort of adhesive to affix it to the bezel. I haven't gotten that adventurous with it yet.

I don't want to remove it outright because I'm worried about that making it even easier for any tiny splash to make its way inside. I don't think this watch is even marginally water resistant, but I don't want to make it even more susceptible by providing a less-obstructed path.

maybe I'm wrong but I think the gasket is purely decorative and non-functional just like the screws on the bezel.
i got tired of mine sticking out and removed it. replaced with 5-6 tight rounds of black thread. not an optimal solution but at least it covers the gap somewhat

abc321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/12
If one looks at the overall quality of the quartz 15202 from Sead, is this watch still a good buy? Recommendation from owners very welcome.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
If one looks at the overall quality of the quartz 15202 from Sead, is this watch still a good buy? Recommendation from owners very welcome.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

there are so many opinions in this thread - just read. Nobody will repeat himself over and over :D

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
maybe I'm wrong but I think the gasket is purely decorative and non-functional just like the screws on the bezel.
i got tired of mine sticking out and removed it. replaced with 5-6 tight rounds of black thread. not an optimal solution but at least it covers the gap somewhat

How did you remove the gasket, did you have to take the watch apart or did you just pull the gasket out? Thanks.

stoyania

15/4/16
How did you remove the gasket, did you have to take the watch apart or did you just pull the gasket out? Thanks.

no need to take anything apart. the gasket rubber material is quite soft and stretches. You can just gradually pull it out going round the watch.
but once it is all out it is not easy to put it back in place so make sure you have decided to replace it with something else before pulling out