• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I tried on a 15400 in rg with white dial today. Sweet Mary mother of god. The gen sits so much better on my wrist than the thicker jf. They told me less than 12 months on the waiting list for a ss with any dial except the blue

How long was the wait for the blue dial SS?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

waiting lists are fictional... come on guys. A bit of common sense is needed to understand that AP isn't responsible for making everybody happy.

There are about 5 inquiries for a blue 15400 every day in only one boutique. Imagine that for all boutiques than remember the number of watches produced in total from AP.

And then remember that someone who already bought 1-5 watches in a boutique will be always and everyday preferred over the guy that asked 2 years ago for a place on the waiting list...

EDIT: Not to mention that AP will cut down the numbers of produced Royal Oaks this year while it will be a year where the focus lays on the RO. Parallel to that they will regulate the resell market drastically and introduce some new business models regarding refurbished and used watches and the online market.

AND they will introduce a completely new reference at the next and their last SIHH19. So there will be even more artificial shortage regarding those "waiting lists" :)

just my 2cts.

Reactions: legend

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Talking about amplitude bud, below 250 means servicing needed (searched for results all over the forum and google)

I had watches with 200 and its still running 1 sec a day, was a cheap 2813 movement. Wear it until the movement dies and then buy a new one and let put it in costs you less than service it. I would not trust that timegraph thing anyway.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I had watches with 200 and its still running 1 sec a day, was a cheap 2813 movement. Wear it until the movement dies and then buy a new one and let put it in costs you less than service it. I would not trust that timegraph thing anyway.

Buying a new 15400 or a 9015? Lol
btw where you buy 9015 for 20usd?

MrOptional

8/10/18
SHB
Bought a genuine Cartier for my wife about 3 years ago. Out of the box it would run fast. I went back to Cartier, and they told me that it needs to be serviced. They did it under warranty. But it ran 10 minutes fast per day. One second per day is like nothing really. I think you can wear it for 5 years and then service it at any place. But no one is telling you what to do, it's your decision. I am just saying that if you are going to reject every watch that TD sends you, you will end up with nothing. Apparently that's how it works. Next watch might have a crooked 3 o'clock dial, next one might have bad brushing, etc. There is always something thats going to be off. But it's your watch and your call.

BlackJaguar
Blue dial is available in 2020 from NY boutique. At least that's what I was told. And yeah, waitlists are fictional, just to promote the brand. It's like going to the club - always a wait line outside, even if the inside is half empty. Every boutique will probably give you a different timeline. If you walk in with another AP watch (just don't wear a fake lol), you might get it sooner. So I went to NYC boutique and the guy told me 2020, but there was Asian couple very well off, with 5-10 Hermes shopping bags, those guys were trying on frosted gold with blue dial, and it looked like they were buying it, the watch is even more exquisite. So it kind of depends really. But for regular folk it's about 2 years.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Hakai

11/6/18
grimusa he´s right. it truly depends who you are and how the stuff likes you. I went two two seperated stores last year in france and spain. After a long talk of 40 minutes about the history of AP, i asked about the 14500 blue dial. Which would be available for me in one year. The ss white dial or black dial was available on the spot.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
SHB
Bought a genuine Cartier for my wife about 3 years ago. Out of the box it would run fast. I went back to Cartier, and they told me that it needs to be serviced. They did it under warranty. But it ran 10 minutes fast per day. One second per day is like nothing really. I think you can wear it for 5 years and then service it at any place. But no one is telling you what to do, it's your decision. I am just saying that if you are going to reject every watch that TD sends you, you will end up with nothing. Apparently that's how it works. Next watch might have a crooked 3 o'clock dial, next one might have bad brushing, etc. There is always something thats going to be off. But it's your watch and your call.

BlackJaguar
Blue dial is available in 2020 from NY boutique. At least that's what I was told. And yeah, waitlists are fictional, just to promote the brand. It's like going to the club - always a wait line outside, even if the inside is half empty. Every boutique will probably give you a different timeline. If you walk in with another AP watch (just don't wear a fake lol), you might get it sooner. So I went to NYC boutique and the guy told me 2020, but there was Asian couple very well off, with 5-10 Hermes shopping bags, those guys were trying on frosted gold with blue dial, and it looked like they were buying it, the watch is even more exquisite. So it kind of depends really. But for regular folk it's about 2 years.

I got my blue dial 15400 from the AP boutique after a 2 month wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
SHB

BlackJaguar

Very informative. Thank you for this.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I got my blue dial 15400 from the AP boutique after a 2 month wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have to mention that you already bought round about 5 watches before this, don't you? :D hehe

Reactions: legend

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

They don’t sell the blue dial because they aren’t an AP boutique. He said they get about 3-4 of each AP reference each year (as opposed to one of each patek reference every year or two)

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Maybe someone could help me with this. So I know a decent amount about Rolex reps and I've seen some reps get damn near close to gen. But I've never looked into AP reps because I figured that they would be WAYYY off due to the finishing and movements. That being said the JF V3 looks fantastic, especially the black dials.

I'm guessing there are some glaring differences, especially in the movement. Is there any comparison or summarization available on here? Thank you for any help.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The only big flaw of the 15400 are the dials they are nothing compared to gen and the height.

And the movement is different. But the finish is really good.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
The only big flaw of the 15400 are the dials they are nothing compared to gen and the height.

And the movement is different. But the finish is really good.

That's crazy. I figured the manufacturing cost of the finish alone would rival the cost of these reps. Just shows how much some of these watches are marked up.

BIONONE

28/4/17
That's crazy. I figured the manufacturing cost of the finish alone would rival the cost of these reps. Just shows how much some of these watches are marked up.

you will be blown away by the finish of the current V3 batch from JF. Beside the already mentioned optical minor differences - JF 15400 V3 is just top notch for the money.