• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

N0tail_

1/6/17
Last I heard Slaughter was doing them but he has a backlog until later this year so he isn't taking anymore jobs.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
My V2 has extremly sunburst normally v3 should be aswell but not so intensiv because v3 blue ist weaker

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
That looks like.a QC picture, which if it is the case would have very bad lighting to show any sunburst. V3 is supposed to have light sunburst. Latest gen have a light sunburst as well.

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
Guys,

my v3 came in this week, happy for that! What are the experiences with the water resistancy? Can you swim with it for example?

Reactions: Razorig2

xxEclipse

Looking Around
25/7/18
Guys,

my v3 came in this week, happy for that! What are the experiences with the water resistancy? Can you swim with it for example?

I would not swim with it without taking it to a dealer who is rep friendly and having them pressure test it and redo the seals properly.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
That looks like.a QC picture, which if it is the case would have very bad lighting to show any sunburst. V3 is supposed to have light sunburst. Latest gen have a light sunburst as well.

My V2 was not water resistant and would have cost too much to make it that way. I had another V2 that passed with flying colours. Most reps are fine out of the box, but to make sure you do not destroy it have it pressure tested.

PaulViPiMP

Horology Curious
22/6/18
:)
ecde630e05225a7e623c5347b1c50232.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: reppin and Razorig2

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading in another thread that earlier gen batches had a more pronounced sunburst effect similar to the V2J one?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Earlier gens had a warmer shade of blue, but I don't think they ever had a sunburst effect that is as pronounced as V2 or v2J.

Kimi8888

Horology Curious
17/2/16
Hi guys, I just got my 15400 jf v3 from Ryan. I am quite satisfied, but the AP badge seems a little crooked. I will post photos soon. I have a different problem. Been trying to find something about how to adjust the bracelet. My hand is quite small, I need to remove maybe two links on both sides. I am not sure how. Everyone says something different a and there is no video around. I know there are different types of 15400 bracelets. I think you have to unscrew the screws (which is very hard to do) and then push the pins from the other side towards the screw (which is impossible to do). Others say you have to unscrew the pins with smaller screw (I tried that, but it doesn’t seem like the right thing to do). Can anyone at least tell me the right way to do it? Or maybe a video would be the best. Thanks a lot.

cashmachine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/18
The pins unscrew and should come out of the side you are unscrewing from. If they are stuck, you can carefully pry them out or try using WD40/heating it up with a hairdryer

Reactions: vcappp

Kimi8888

Horology Curious
17/2/16
cashmachine: ok, thanks a lot. I will try it. I had trouble with the pin, because there was no space in the pin my screwdriver would fit into and get stuck so I can start unscrewing. I will try to heaten it a little.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Use a 0.5mm slotted screw driver to remove the screws, very easy when you are using the correct screwdriver. Then using a push pin, go to the side where you can see the pin and push it through to the end you removed the screw.
I did mine yesterday, not difficult at all if you have the right tools.

Reactions: vcappp

Kimi8888

Horology Curious
17/2/16
Razorig2: thanks, I thought this is the correct way to do it. I managed to unscrew one screw and tried to push the pin out. I don’t have a push pin, so I tried some other thin instruments and failed, the pin did not move at all. I will probably have to heaten it a little.

Reactions: Razorig2

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
I would suggest getting a push pin, so you don't end up scratches or damaging the bracelet withsnywith any other tool. I know it might be a annoying waiting for it to arrive. But it will be worth it. Or just take it to a watch store and get them to remove it.