• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison Photos of Gen versus Rep 15400 Blue Dials

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Here are three photos of a V2 JF Blue 15400 dial (left) next to a gen AP Blue 15400 dial (right). I think JF did a very good job for the price.
SfIzMpS.jpg

w30osRi.jpg

QqONT3t.jpg

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
For the price? Yes very well done.

But IMHO it is somewhat "too many difference" to be considered as a "super rep"

DiverFan

17/11/13
HK
All things considered I think it looks pretty good. Must be why those V2's really pop with the 2xAR.

Any word on an updated dial for this? I heard one was in the works in the next couple months

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
@slaughterer62 - thank you for this comparison, Sir. It really pinpoints the reason all of us spend so much time here on RWI... Great effort by JF

Wannigans

13/6/17
Have one of these and used to have a gen. On wrist under sunlight they both look absolutely gorgeous and to me anyways it's impossible to tell the difference. Lovely reflection effect on the dial.

Will be interested to see what a v3 looks like though!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
As bonus, comparison photos of JF rep (left) and gen (right) 15400 black dials.
LRamXfe.jpg

gICpXzp.jpg

wv1Lhh1.jpg

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
I asked Angus about the updated blue dial and he said something along the lines of "hopefully soon," because the grey dial just came out. He did not know when it was expected though. I'm very excited to get my hands on that dial.

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Both look really close but the AP logo is pretty different. Although you would need to have them side by side to know.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
the two things that are most evident to me are the AP Logo and the rectangle that Audemars Piguet is written on.

The AP logo on the rep has a visible and reflective gap between the A and the P. The font also appears to be slightly different. the rounded portion of the P is different and the top line of the p that stretches over the A is longer on the gen. Again these are differences seen when you blow this up 10x on a big screen.

The rectangular space or i dont know what to call it really - almost like a banner that the words Audemars Piguet is written on is a bit longer on the rep then on the gen. More so on the blue and white dials than on the black for some reason, or maybe that is just a visual thing with the colors.

In any case - considering the price, i would have to agree that they did a great job!

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Lol guys that's the old 15400 logo on the gen dials. The new gen dials have the proper logo. The old rep dials have the old style logo

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Yup logo on JF is correct - same as new edition gen 15400 except for that small white fill between A and P.

When it comes to blue dial is pretty freaking close!!!! I'm not sure if revision of JF blue dial color is necessarily. They should just fix minute markers!

sunny301

4/8/15
Yes, completely agree. I can live with the current dial color, this watch would be rocking if they could improve the minute markers and the swiss made. Even with these flaws this is a keeper.

sunny301

4/8/15
@slaughterer62 - thank you for the comparison.
Would you mind sharing where can I buy these GEN Dials from and also are the GEN Dial compatible with JF version

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Nice comparison, this is a clear distinction between JF and Gen. But there should be a comparison in sunlight, then you can see the biggest difference. JF seems to be somewhat more vibrant in dial colour compared to gen. Also gen tappiserie pattern is much flatter, squarer than JF. Other than that the usual flaws are the white printed minute marks, swiss made, audemars piguet and automatic. JF's white is a little weak compared to gen, gen is solid in print.

I am really hoping to catch a gen blue dial, wonder where did you manage to source these gen dial? Mind to share :p

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
image.png

image.png

Here's a photo taken by @mech500 which I think its an awesome comparison between JF V1 (white dial) vs JF V2 (black dial). As you can see the logo's difference between these updates.

Jasonma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/1/17
Here are three photos of a V2 JF Blue 15400 dial (left) next to a gen AP Blue 15400 dial (right). I think JF did a very good job for the price.
SfIzMpS.jpg

w30osRi.jpg

QqONT3t.jpg

Thanks for the review! It's hard to judge the colour with different lighting angle for us. Possible to take more picture with similar light reflection? Cheers!! [emoji6]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Thx J for this comparo, really appreciated. Now I'm curious to see what they will do with the gen in hands

King of Coffee

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/8/13
Just from these pics, I'm more of a fan of the deeper blue on the JF, but the Gen black is more appealing. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobratom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/10
For the price? Yes very well done.

But IMHO it is somewhat "too many difference" to be considered as a "super rep"
Really? Like what? The 'swiss made' floats on the gen, but seems to be buried on the rep.
That apart the rep looks shiny in the 1st pic, but the gen looks shiny in the last one.