• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP "frosted gold"

King of Coffee

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/8/13
But Gen makes 41mm in white gold. Rose gold frosted are 37mm in gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably why I only saw Steel 41mm on puretime. The effect looks cleaner this way to me. White gold is more subtle imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingrico

Horology Curious
28/3/18
I emailed pclones and trusty and they both confirmed to be able to get JF versions. Is JF far superior to JHF?

I had a question, what would hold it up better and what would all of you recommend? The SS or pink gold version? Thanks

Dudez

Horology Curious
28/4/18
The bracelet logo is still wrong. Gen doesnt have frosted effect on logo. Too bad

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Guys, other dealers don’t have a JF frosted gold AP only because it was not released. I won’t say that I am 100% sure but a good 99% I can say that JF didn’t release the fg AP. Please double check by other dealers prior trusting it is actually what they wrote you..

Kingrico

Horology Curious
28/3/18
Dudez exactly that's unfortunate.

Dadog so you are saying that trustytimestore.com deliberately lied to me? I contacted them, sent them the link to perfect clones JF versions, they said "I don't know if JF is still making them I'll check with the factory" trustytimestore.com then emailed me back, confirmed they could get the JF ones in both colours, and said they were in stock. So according to you trustytimestore.com are liars, perfect clones are liars, and possibly I'm a liar too... You'e 99 percent sure of this correct? ???? That would be extremely disheartening if two TDs were lying to me for no reason. I doubt that is the case both seem extremely reliable and good people. Also if you look at the pics of the JF version from the link I posted it is clearly different from the JHF version. So what's up with that Dadog?

Last edited:

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Dudez exactly that's unfortunate.

Dadog so you are saying that trustytimestore.com deliberately lied to me? I contacted them, sent them the link to perfect clones JF versions, they said "I don't know if JF is still making them I'll check with the factory" trustytimestore.com then emailed me back, confirmed they could get the JF ones in both colours, and said they were in stock. So according to you trustytimestore.com are liars, perfect clones are liars, and possibly I'm a liar too... You'e 99 percent sure of this correct? ???? That would be extremely disheartening if two TDs were lying to me for no reason. I doubt that is the case both seem extremely reliable and good people. Also if you look at the pics of the JF version from the link I posted it is clearly different from the JHF version. So what's up with that Dadog?

Where did I say that you were lying?! Chill..
I am following 10-20 dealers, from the forums and directly from China. Never saw that anybody of them advertised a JF frosted gold AP. I may be wrong, this is why I said it would be good to double check with other dealers (& members who know about this model).

FYI it would not be the 1st time that Joshua and Andrew mispresented something, they’ve told lies in the past (if you wonder why they are not TD’s here on RWI) etc..

Btw, I like this model, I had the 1st version as 1st on all boards,..knew about that model and all others that followed way earlier than you knew that the genuine piece existed.

I repeat, I did not say anywhere that you were lying, just said to be careful and to doublecheck prior being 100% sure that the JF model of this one exists..

good night!

Kingrico

Horology Curious
28/3/18
Dadog I apologize then. You know way more about replicas than I do and are a supporter of this forum etc. I thought you were saying I was making up what they said. I should of clarified first that's on me. I appreciate that you showed me about their past. For what it's worth I talked to 3 or 4 other TDs that said they could not get a JF one, just JHF. I don't understand why a factory doesn't make a 1:1 rep that doesn't frost the AP on the Clasp. You and I have the same taste in watches so I salute you my friend. I think I'm going to get the cheaper Asian one for now before committing to a higher end one that has flaws too. Do you recommend the white gold or pink gold version? My bad for the crossed wires there. Thanks for helping me.

Kingrico

Horology Curious
28/3/18
Where did I say that you were lying?! Chill..
I am following 10-20 dealers, from the forums and directly from China. Never saw that anybody of them advertised a JF frosted gold AP. I may be wrong, this is why I said it would be good to double check with other dealers (& members who know about this model).

FYI it would not be the 1st time that Joshua and Andrew mispresented something, they’ve told lies in the past (if you wonder why they are not TD’s here on RWI) etc..

Btw, I like this model, I had the 1st version as 1st on all boards,..knew about that model and all others that followed way earlier than you knew that the genuine piece existed.

I repeat, I did not say anywhere that you were lying, just said to be careful and to doublecheck prior being 100% sure that the JF model of this one exists..

good night!

Thank you I apologize. I misconstrued what you were saying that's on me. All respect.

jean.pierre

Looking Around
12/5/18
Europe
The frosted gold gen looks like it has deeper "frosting" than the dhgate rep, but the JHF is already getting closer.
I guess steel will always be better suited for the frosted effect, as rg coatings can't be done before the texture is stamped/engraved and coating afterwards will take some of the sharp(er) edges off, which make it bling in the first place :thinking:
But that's just a thought, frosted rg looks nice on pictures here :)