• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

kameelperd

30/4/19
The screws on the front of the bezel I believe are decorative (some expert can chime in?) if you turn around (I will take some pics) it has 9 holes as the case too, it has 1 hole more ok the side of the chrono pushers/crown than the normal RO, maybe for reinforcement?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
the only roc build i seen is by tosoboso . nothing will be off the peg you have to adapt
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6156-photo-story-2-my-very-own-franken-ap-roc

Check this. 9hole
2fc15abb215441b9573df5f73e5e3341.png

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thank you! Ive seen that thread! Maybe tosoboso can chime in, will be awesome.

Cheers,

:popcorn:

I will step in for a brief moment to make a suggestion.

chris12345 and kameelperd. I do not see how your build will come together with the parts you have assembled together without some very extensive re-machining. To avoid this I would choose a different base watch with proper hole alignment for your bezel and then find a watchmaker/machinist with a few days free time to test different measurements and alignments guided by a thorough familiarity with the design of this model. I do not want to be unkind but it would be a real labor of love and maybe a miracle for somebody to fully put this together with the parts you have assembled so far.

Reactions: legend

kameelperd

30/4/19
:popcorn:

I will step in for a brief moment to make a suggestion.

chris12345 and kameelperd. I do not see how your build will come together with the parts you have assembled together without some very extensive re-machining. To avoid this I would choose a different base watch with proper hole alignment for your bezel and then find a watchmaker/machinist with a few days free time to test different measurements and alignments guided by a thorough familiarity with the design of this model. I do not want to be unkind but it would be a real labor of love and maybe a miracle for somebody to fully put this together with the parts you have assembled so far.

Thanks man for the honest words.

I really also don’t see this project is going nowhere unless all the gen parts surface magically or take another route exactly as you said. But wanted to make sure that we are not missing some simple fix (as buying a rep donor and using those parts) before going into more difficult scenarios.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
I know, I know, this was not the plan......

but things change, possibilities come and go.

The next project is planned and hopefully it will be finished at the beginning of December. I am very excited.

bee976f4dee5eca56c58d22916343028.jpeg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars and Tompa

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I have a noob v2 elephant I was going to start work on but have changed my mind, other watches came along and shaving tachys for a watch that's too big for me anyway is probably never going to happen.

If anyone likes the grey themes let me know and I'll set up a sale. I haven't really been bothered as I've got a house move on the go but the funds would be handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

triples10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/18
I have a 15400, black which ive had legend do some work on and I couldn't be happier, I was able to get a gen dial in it and man can I tell you how much of a difference this made.