• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to build a low beat Diver, or how to make a almost perfect rep a bit more perfect

Zippo11

Looking Around
30/3/16
Amazing job. I want to create the same build with my old Swatch ETA. Now I just need to find a beautiful AP Royal Oak Offshore, where/from whom did you buy yours?

Best, Zippo11

Francyz

Horology Curious
3/4/16
Quite interesting, what I would really like to know is what application do you have on your phone which gives you the beat and accuracy? And I suppose you need some kind of added part, probably the blue cable we see, to make it work, can you please give us info on this as I have been wanting one for a long time but spending 100 or more just for that seemed a little steep for what it is. Thanks in advance

Francyz

Horology Curious
3/4/16
I just want share that pic from the mod. My FC diver next to the SS diver. Two true beauties

0acb31c68d32e4722152eed8a863421e.jpg

Those are reps? They are really well made, can't fully judge on 1 pic alone but from what I see they look real, what are the prices for a good diver rep in fc, ss and ceramic? Thanks

Sent from my iPad Air 2

the question is in your quote just above, messed up there, wanted tôknow the prices for the best rep of divers in different materials, thanks

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Great thread !!

Everything explained with detail..

Unfortunately, I am one of those unskilled noobs with shakey hands on top...

I will def get back to you [MENTION=70278]chris3007[/MENTION] when my bumblebee arrives :thumbup:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Quite interesting, what I would really like to know is what application do you have on your phone which gives you the beat and accuracy? And I suppose you need some kind of added part, probably the blue cable we see, to make it work, can you please give us info on this as I have been wanting one for a long time but spending 100 or more just for that seemed a little steep for what it is. Thanks in advance

Kello. No cable needed.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Now that I have a diver on the way.. I think I will tackle this. Now just to find the 2840 movement! :) Hmm..

i.moritz0917

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/7/13
This low beat mod is pretty traditional but how did you decide to do this? Do the benefits outweigh the costs on this mod?

Clinkinfo

Known Member
26/9/15
I've never really understood why the AP reps don't just use the low beat 2813 they use in the cheap Rolex reps as their base. Cheap Rolex reps beating at 21k are frowned upon because the real Rolex ones are 28k. But the 2813 is a pretty solid tank in those cheap reps. Why don't the AP's just start with the low beat 2813?

Horology Curious
5/4/16
Hello all - This is my first post ever. I want to purchase the absolute best AP Diver Rep that is available. I have heard InTime and PureTime (not sure which dealer is better???) are the two best dealers. I am looking at these two watches:

http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1627-royal-oak-offshore-diver-swiss-eta2824-v7-.html
http://puretime01.com/watch-brands/...8-jf-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a3120.html#

They both seem okay - the decoration on the movement isn't the same as a GEN but the rest is okay (I wonder why they are priced differently). Can anyone recommend the BEST dealer or best place to buy a SUPER rep. I am willing to spend up to $700.00 on one.

Thank you in advance to whoever helps me out here!

Kev.

Horology Curious
3/8/16
Hello all - This is my first post ever. I want to purchase the absolute best AP Diver Rep that is available. I have heard InTime and PureTime (not sure which dealer is better???) are the two best dealers. I am looking at these two watches:

http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1627-royal-oak-offshore-diver-swiss-eta2824-v7-.html
http://puretime01.com/watch-brands/...8-jf-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a3120.html#

They both seem okay - the decoration on the movement isn't the same as a GEN but the rest is okay (I wonder why they are priced differently). Can anyone recommend the BEST dealer or best place to buy a SUPER rep. I am willing to spend up to $700.00 on one.

They are priced differently because on is a v7 and the other a v8.

They have different movements.

kevin.123

Renowned Member
12/8/14

If you're willing to put down 700, why not look for prof and get him to do his magic on the v7 with double ar.
Plus with the v7 you'll be getting a reliable movement without the noisy motor of the miyota on the v8.
To me personally the v7 crystal is good enough as I like a bit of light reflection at some angles.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Cloudystormysea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/16
If you're willing to put down 700, why not look for prof and get him to do his magic on the v7 with double ar.
Plus with the v7 you'll be getting a reliable movement without the noisy motor of the miyota on the v8.
To me personally the v7 crystal is good enough as I like a bit of light reflection at some angles.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Sorry for asking this but.....
V7 crystal is not double AR?
how abt the datewheel and magnification? True to gen?

kevin.123

Renowned Member
12/8/14
Sorry for asking this but.....
V7 crystal is not double AR?
how abt the datewheel and magnification? True to gen?
Nope, double ar is a mod.
I would say that v7 is pretty close to gen in date wheel and maybe crystal as in gen they only have single ar.
You can take a look at the ap thread at those out of the box v7.
They look pretty amazing

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk