• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak 15400 Gen vs. Rep (BP) comparison

doctor_edward

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/16
I enjoyed the pictures and review. I recently tried on the genuine 15400 at the AP dealer at the Wynn in LasVegas. I loved the white dial but the black wasn't as dark as I had hoped. Anyone have any data on which 15400 dial AP sells more of each year?

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Outstanding review/comparison. You got skills brother! Kudos to you for a very informative, knowledgeable and professional comparative review. Could use one like this for every Gen vs Rep review.

iiFlexZoneii

31/5/17
UK
Is it recommended to buy the BP version (blue most likely) or should I wait for the new rep that will come out in 6 months or so as stated by OP? :)

firemedic1343

Known Member
9/6/17
Is it recommended to buy the BP version (blue most likely) or should I wait for the new rep that will come out in 6 months or so as stated by OP? :)

It depends on how patient you are. Will you wait for it to be released, and then wait for it to be reviewed? I don't know how long that might take.

Buy what you like. You could always sell it later if you want to check the new one out.

D

d4m.test

Amazing comparison, that was incredibly detailed. Thank you!

D

d4m.test

Going to MBk BkK in a week. Possible to buy AP 15400 jf or not anymore ? Thanx for advice ;)

olest

Horology Curious
20/8/16
Thank you for the great comparison. Is more than awesome! Great Work!

rolex116234

21/3/18
;n5334933 said:
Going to MBk BkK in a week. Possible to buy AP 15400 jf or not anymore ? Thanx for advice ;)

I been to the night market in Pat Pong and some of the replica shops in Bangkok, I am not very impressed with the quality of the replicas. Also, some of the shopkeepers are annoyed after I ask many questions but did not buy. Some even put a "No Buy, No Touch" sign. Absolutely absurd!!

Repmaster1991

Horology Curious
25/1/19
Thanks for this. Even after so many years it's nice to have these high quality photo's to compare my future rep when I search for flaws. I hope you're still wearing your watches in good health :).