• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

boisvert

Horology Curious
31/5/21
The translation jist is basically - talking about the movement being that the gears turn when the crown is in position. The balance wheel is now in the 7 o'clock per genuine. it used to use 9015 Miy, now it's an clone 3120. there is a difference in the balance wheel mechanism. something about the center part of the balance wheel (where the jewel is). They talk about the tapestries squares being the most accurate and the dial being the most currently accurate. Then he talks about the flexibility of the bracelet itself along with the AP flap being mobile vs being stationary. He mentions the finish of the watch is better than previous versions.

One thing to take away from the video though is that they're only comparing the authentic AP they've replicated. According to many Authentic 15400 owners here, the dial can reflect differently depending on the year you have (whether it be matte or shine). The price of the real 15400 is now in 60k ballpark.

Thank you. I appreciate. The replica for travel and bars and BUFF on wechat can do mods

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Thank you for our feedback.

Yes the AP cal. 3120 has an instant date change. So this isn't a true clone movement, if the date changes with a roll. Hopes dashed for me lol.
Just to inform the community, from ownership experience, the gen Royal Oak bracelet CAN have sharp edges too. Not every gen bracelet feels refined and satin smooth along the edges.

I actually have a funny story about this, that may be worth sharing.

My genuine 15300 has a slow rolling datewheel, which starts around maybe 10:45 and will roll through midnight where it fully snaps into place. When I first noticed this I thought something significant was wrong.

Immediately took it to my local AP boutique (not AD) and they assured there's really no issue with the movement. There is just a mechanism, or a lever (honestly the details went sightly over my head) that controls the "instant" date flip, which would need to be adjusted, or possibly replaced, at my next service.

I can assure I've never had a single person notice, let alone doubt, the authenticity of my watch based on the rolling datewheel.

It may be a minor nuisance, and technically inaccurate. That said, to anyone reading please take this with a grain of salt, but I can attest to being one example where a fully genuine watch has a slow rolling date. I don't think it's a detail that should really detract too much from such a great attempt at cloning the 3120. Perhaps they'll figure out a way to improve this in V2.

Would be very interested to also get my hands on one of these new cloned movements, hopefully in a 15450 as the 15400 wears a bit too large on my wrist.

(btw I also agree with your final point, have handled the 15202 in gen & my first surprise was that the bracelet edges were not buttery smooth, it had a bit of a sharpness to the edges of the links)

Wrist shot just for fun

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes - handles->hands - thanks for the correction!

I watched the above posted video, and I think the comment made in the video is pretty fair and accurate. The video itself was of high quality too (shot by professionals), and you can totally trust what you saw.

There are two things I don't like about APS:
1) the hands are flattened than ZF's, thus the reflection is not that sharp. (ZF did a great work there.)
2) the time indicator bar at 3 is a little bit off on my APS watch... it's not a big flaw but ... made me a bit uncomfortable. I will see if I can change it.

Other than that, APS looks great. I LOVE its dial.

legend, will the hands from a ZF 15400 fit in an APS 15400? Probably not because of the different movements used, but I ask anyway to be certain. I'm sure others would like to know as well. Thanks.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend, will the hands from a ZF 15400 fit in an APS 15400? Probably not because of the different movements used, but I ask anyway to be certain. I'm sure others would like to know as well. Thanks.

I haven’t had the APS 15400 in hand yet but my guess is that the Zf hands can be made to fit yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and gilrob

Xuvi

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/8/18
Germany
My qc what do you think about the watch ?

Last edited by a moderator:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I only want to share the pictures because nobody have the watch I don’t ask for a qc

‘what do you think about the watch ?’ surely doesn’t sound like you just wanting to share. Come on, expect people to have a little more brain than you apparently do.

Reactions: Garuda

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I only want to share the pictures because nobody have the watch I don’t ask for a qc

Lol. Whether anyone has the watch or not, don’t share your QC pics and ask what people think. It’s against the rules. Share the pics once you have the watch in hand.

No more on this topic. Rule was broken and addressed please move on.

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
More importantly than a few missing dots in the movement is the reliability of it. I don’t want to buy the watch when it breaks after a bumpy bike ride.

does anyone had some suggestions or experience when it comes to reliability?

I have a 15202 XF v2 and this watch is Great. It is accurate, I go biking, hiking, sports… I do everything except water or sauna.

fugaziwrist

Horology Curious
10/6/21
More importantly than a few missing dots in the movement is the reliability of it. I don’t want to buy the watch when it breaks after a bumpy bike ride.

does anyone had some suggestions or experience when it comes to reliability?

I have a 15202 XF v2 and this watch is Great. It is accurate, I go biking, hiking, sports… I do everything except water or sauna.

I’m eyeing the white dial version. Honestly, the price is mid to high therefore its not a low level rep. I bought the 5712 even though people said “oh the movement will break” and I sleep with it on and it keeps great time. This is a date movement so nothing should be complicated and if something were to go wrong, it seems it would be a minor fix.

Reactions: raytron

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I’m eyeing the white dial version. Honestly, the price is mid to high therefore its not a low level rep. I bought the 5712 even though people said “oh the movement will break” and I sleep with it on and it keeps great time. This is a date movement so nothing should be complicated and if something were to go wrong, it seems it would be a minor fix.

What makes you say if something goes wrong it would be a minor fix? Not many factories supply spare especially for clone movements. If it breaks and you cant get the parts to repair it, its an expensive paper weight. Not a lot of point in people asking about reliability yet when only a couple of people have the watch, and only for about a week. Once a few more people have them im sure we will hear in this thread if there are any issues.

Reactions: raytron and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What makes you say if something goes wrong it would be a minor fix? Not many factories supply spare especially for clone movements. If it breaks and you cant get the parts to repair it, its an expensive paper weight. Not a lot of point in people asking about reliability yet when only a couple of people have the watch, and only for about a week. Once a few more people have them im sure we will hear in this thread if there are any issues.

I agree with this for now. Haven’t inspected the watch movement myself but I’m inclined to see how this makes sense for clone movements.

Reactions: Allure

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
But I hope the manufacturers aspire to be one of the best and aim to provide a product that is a little bit more than a paper weight within a year

Reactions: gilrob

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
But I hope the manufacturers aspire to be one of the best and aim to provide a product that is a little bit more than a paper weight within a year

We should surely hope, but not assume that this will be the case. There's too many rep paperweights out there to attest to that :/

Reactions: t3steve and raytron

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I found these QC pictures on a different forum. Just so we’re clear, THESE ARE NOT MY QC PICS AND I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANY INPUT ON THEM.

Just sharing because this thread doesn’t have very many pictures of actually APS 15400s, especially not the blue dial. Hopefully some RWI members will get their watches soon and share their input.

59109db22b0943d9d60c3817d319b964.jpg

d6e88be4f6c5a58ab0b04391fb3b2968.jpg

7a3f9917d9127973677341b38786f40e.jpg

cad2a663b8feac02a17ff76c010ddc69.jpg

a4f4a4d7822194ca2e2046c095252039.jpg

735dca07ad06de5e47a8127a48f4db73.jpg

295576fe403ea35ddc82cc2862d9e674.jpg

6c4452ba54a2b69c6526a361ecd2813a.jpg

27f8c106f7b347e6fdf499cb11cf0053.jpg

5168519b3838ef2e72e0c46158588b05.jpg

13985c83f1296935ab089430f20441f9.jpg

106f51cf6f4a58a6e992c84c7960d4f9.jpg

fea1c40c401309fb51a25640a7a88124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bendori

2/5/16
“I have one on the way so will order some gen plates and date parts and see if they fit.” - //admire and looking forward to your review! //salute

To my knowledge, Dandong didn't do the engraving - they just produce raw, blank movements (in the sense of copyright - those movements have things like 25 jewels, etc. engraved) and ship them to the resemblance studios, where parts with brand logo were produced. (yup, that's why the PP logo was printed instead of being engraved on the Patek clone.)

Because it's really hard to believe that the reliability is the concern... 3235 clone was produced by Dandong too and it has instant date display. 2824/2892 clones produced by Seagull, Hangzhou, and Chongqing works flawlessly too. In other word, the technical difficulty shall not be a problem...
Oh that'd be great! Please share with us if the movement can be frankened!

나의 SM-G977N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
Everything is fine on this watch except the date change starting at 10:00. It is painful to see when the date indicator is at between.

Reactions: legend