• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What car have you owned and regret selling

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
This is going back a bit but I let go a white 2.4 mark 2 Jaguar. Basically I was in my reckless youth and couldn’t afford to maintain it so when the clutch went it cleared out my entire savings. I had to make do with a much more modest mode of transport.
This not the one but it’s a fair representation.

rsnow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
14/12/22
Germany
What a Car.

E36 and E46 3-series are among the most beautiful Compact Sedans ever.

And what a Straight 6 cylinders, elastic, powerful, lovely sound !

I'm a massive Car fan...but now, between crossovers, EVs, and SUV....time to spend more money on Watches and Hi-Fi...and less on cars.

BTW My personal Car is a lovely 3.0 Jag X-Type....with rare and astonishing Cartier upholstery (no kidding)

9-2-2048x1536.jpg

Love HER.

And, with the personality i have, i will NEVER sell her.
This is a very good-looking Interior. That's also what I like about older cars, it looks very luxurious, attention to detail, lots of buttons and not just a huge touchpad stuck in the middle that you can't actually use while driving.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
This is a very good-looking Interior. That's also what I like about older cars, it looks very luxurious, attention to detail, lots of buttons and not just a huge touchpad stuck in the middle that you can't actually use while driving.
Exactly.

Now, a lot of cars (and home) are MINIMAL.

MINIMALISTIC.

I call it ....less expensive, put in this way.

I love Wood and Leather interior, is the quintessential of luxury...nowaday, plastic, carbon fiber (is carbon fiber LUXURY????)....bleah.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I used to have an S8 4.2 for a bit.
Rocketship is probably the closest I can describe the power delivery. Throttle was a hyperspace button back in 07.

Reactions: JimmyBobby

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Don't make fun of me but when I first moved to Florida, my uncle gave me an immaculate, but high mileage 2002 Ford Explorer. I got it with 212,000 miles. It was red and the Eddie Bauer trim. It was one of those things you never expect to get from anyone but you become so attached to it.

I washed it every week, the paint and interior was immaculate. He's one of those rich uncles who has so much money, they just throw it away. So he had the damn thing restored mechanically sans the stupid timing chains that I did myself. I put in 72,000 more miles on it after I got it. I took that thing everywhere. Disney, St. Augustine, Miami, Key West... not once did it falter or let me down. The only time it did was when I heard some humming from the back axle, the ball bearings. I had it fixed but it kept breaking them. I just couldn't afford to fix that whole thing. I traded it in for a brand new 2019 Jetta.

God, how I miss her.

Years later I traded the Jetta in for a brand new Atlas that was the same color as the Explorer, in honor of my beloved. I also regret selling the Atlas, but COVID gave me a great cash deal to sell it.

Last edited:

JimmyBobby

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/6/23
Nawf Currlina
1993 Acura Legend. Absolutely loved that car. Didn't really sell it, it got totaled and I took the settlement from the other drivers insurance.

Tim4682

Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
09 Audi S5 V8 stick…first car I ever bought new, still own it, but live in a city now and WFH, drive it less than 500 miles a year…maintenance/repairs has been over 1k per year on a car now worth ~12k. Going to make logical sense to move on at some point, but I know Ill regret it when it happens…normally aspirated V8 sticks dont exist anymore, especially wrapped in German quality/engineering. Shit…cant even buy a stick anymore never mind the V8 part.

Cant beat the NA V8 sound, especially after removing a few impediments to airflow lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyBobby