• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What car have you owned and regret selling

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Was worried about availability for parts. Think it was an 07. For 25k though it was one hell of a temptation.

I'll see if I can find the listing, may still be for sale.
Mine was 07 as well. That's a transition year between powertrains. Will be very valuable in the future, if preserved and taken care of.

16k miles, 1 owner, no accidents. Kinda wanting to get it anyways. Thing was someones baby.
Looks great.

Wrong interior color, but otherwise awesome, you should pull the trigger. Make sure the dry sump was taken care of and oil canals drilled. Otherwise, that engine is immortal. Also check the power steering system, it's not exactly a common problem, but its frequent enough to leak to be a concern.
And maybe consider bigger wheels. I liked it like this, plus I love the back concave, but it looks awesome on GT discs as well.

Reactions: JimmyBobby

JimmyBobby

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/6/23
Nawf Currlina
Mine was 07 as well. That's a transition year between powertrains. Will be very valuable in the future, if preserved and taken care of.

Looks great.

Wrong interior color, but otherwise awesome, you should pull the trigger. Make sure the dry sump was taken care of and oil canals drilled. Otherwise, that engine is immortal. Also check the power steering system, it's not exactly a common problem, but its frequent enough to leak to be a concern.
And maybe consider bigger wheels. I liked it like this, plus I love the back concave, but it looks awesome on GT discs as well.
I'll see what I can finagle and lyk if it bears any fruit. It's about 600 miles from where I'm at and would have to be delivered. Might see if any friends have a mechanic that lives down there and can go do a pre purchase inspection for a few hundred bucks.

Definitely a gorgeous car, and old enough to still be quality Maserati. My area is chock full of cheap shitty ghiblis.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
That color was special. Only 2 in the country.
Here's something closer to your Expo in color.
I no longer own any of these. Now it's just 2 wheelers.

Excellent and rare colour for an impressive Car !

One of the bext V8 exhaust note tooo....definitetely THE BEST for a SEdan IMHO.

Except an E60 M5 (V10) , but that thing is a bit tricky to mantain...

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Excellent and rare colour for an impressive Car !

One of the bext V8 exhaust note tooo....definitetely THE BEST for a SEdan IMHO.

Except an E60 M5 (V10) , but that thing is a bit tricky to mantain...
The M5 V10 is awesome, but me personally will take a a rumbling V8 over a screaming V10 any day. V8 is the smoothest, because of the firing order and balance. But yeah, both have a top notch soundtrack.
My all time favourite is LFA, but for different reasons. The blisteringly reving V10 is a piece of magic tho.

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
My old 1999 XJ8 Vaden Plas. It was the most
Comfortable ride ever. Sadly got t boned by an idiot on their phone. The car was a total loss.

Empereur

The guy using Google Translator
Supporter
Certified
27/8/23
France
The M5 V10 is awesome, but me personally will take a a rumbling V8 over a screaming V10 any day. V8 is the smoothest, because of the firing order and balance. But yeah, both have a top notch soundtrack.
My all time favourite is LFA, but for different reasons. The blisteringly reving V10 is a piece of magic tho.
I had a e63 M6 v10. That was my biggest disappointment in my car life history

At the same time I had a M3 e92 (which I still have) and a M3 e46 at the same time. The M6 never came out. The gearbox was filthy, the sensations were muted, it was not comfortable. Totally overhyped

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
@Empereur ,
I didn’t mind the last generation of the m6. I think they got it almost right in the 2019 model. Granted it wasn’t much of an upgrade from my current f82 M4 which is a joy to drive, so I passed on it.

Sadly I haven’t found a current model in any of the lines a like as much. The older m3 and m5 models are truly keepers.

Pops3434

Known Member
13/7/23
USA
My first car. 1972 Z-28. I bought it in 79 for $1800. #s matching Z-28. Damn I wish I still had it.

Triggerstuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/23
I recently traded in my ‘22 Camaro ZL1. I had been wanting one for a few years in Satin Steel color, but they were hard to find. Got this one and had a blast for a year. Stock 650hp/650 tq. It was scary fast for me. Got it to 170 once, and it still had 25 more to go, but my balls didnt.

IMG-0984.jpg