• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Perfume addict.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Creed Aventus 2013 smokey batch
Terre D'hermes EDT
Xerjoff Fiero
Eau Sauvage EDT Vintage
YSL M7 Vintage (very very potent, dark oud, winter frag)
Polo Green Vintage (hate it or love it, or both. A bit of a weird frag, but nice.)

No particular order, just my most used frags. Aventus #1 most used, daily wear.
Can anyone tell me with Aventus, is it common that you go nose blind by it? As if it does not smell anymore, but other people still smell it?

I also have Tobacco Oud, it used to be my signature scent mostly in winter. I have very little left, it is a lovely scent. Intoxicating, potent. YSL M7 Vintage now fulfills that role. But it should not be worn during summer, maybe in late evening.
YSL M7 Vintage smells weird... impossible to describe, it smells a bit like old grandmother, but also very masculine, intoxicating and ridiculously powerful. If you overspray it, you will get nauseous and the people around you too.
Aventus lasts pretty long for me of most Creeds. You can spray a bit on your hand and then after a while you can smell that to see what everyone else is smelling on you.

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Does it smell like Spanish cedar, like a humidor? That the smell I want, not after tobacco is lit, others I have tried were like that.
It's not like when tobacco is lit. It's rather sweet and ouddy - though not fruity sweet.

How long does Aventus last on u? & thanks, I'll give the hand thing a try. Oddly, when I go swimming I smell it strongly again. Even after swimming for 30 minutes I can still smell it on me while in the pool. Which means a lot I think, considering the smell of chlorine.
Yet, when I wear it normally (daily), I can only smell the onset for a while and then it's gone.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
It's not like when tobacco is lit. It's rather sweet and ouddy - though not fruity sweet.

How long does Aventus last on u? & thanks, I'll give the hand thing a try. Oddly, when I go swimming I smell it strongly again. Even after swimming for 30 minutes I can still smell it on me while in the pool. Which means a lot I think, considering the smell of chlorine.
Yet, when I wear it normally (daily), I can only smell the onset for a while and then it's gone.

Aventus is famous for nose blindness.

Years ago I used to wear it daily, went through several bottles and same case you only smell it yourself once you apply it and after that nothing. But strangely even 8 hours later you get compliments and people saying you're filling the room.

Reactions: Erect

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Aventus is famous for nose blindness.

Years ago I used to wear it daily, went through several bottles and same case you only smell it yourself once you apply it and after that nothing. But strangely even 8 hours later you get compliments and people saying you're filling the room.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I've also gone through my fair share of Aventus. I have 3x 75ml, 1x 100ml and 1x 100ml 10 year anniversary edition left in stock :ROFLMAO: I can often smell it again when I put my shirt collar into place, but besides that it's very subtle or almost gone completely to my nose.