• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New raids

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I understand that, but if you read this thread, instead of taking a wait and see approach, which anyone with experience in this field knows is the way to do it when raid rumors start spreading, people went over the deep end, apparently the apocalypse has been averted as the major factories were back up and running after a week.

Reactions: Dave2302 and Reaps

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I guess we will see, but that’s the kind of rhetoric that seems way too serious before we let some time pass and see. Once again, 2 major factories are back in the game already, so it seems like this was less intense than the last major raids.

Reactions: Dave2302

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I guess we will see, but that’s the kind of rhetoric that seems way too serious before we let some time pass and see. Once again, 2 major factories are back in the game already, so it seems like this was less intense than the last major raids.
As you can imagine, D4M has his sources as do I; we've been doing this for almost 20 years. This was very serious and yes, the bag and shoe industry copped it worst but it's an indicator of what could be and that has people jumpy.

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
They were very serious. Not everyone will rebound this quickly. Some did not have contingencies like these two.

Nothing is overblown.
i think it's because the people here do not understand that what happened today is the reverse of what usually happens which is raid the factory and everything else is unscathed..

here EVERYTHING got nuked and watches are collateral after the fact..

literally, the rep world as we know it today is in ruins

i'm wondering how long before things go back to normal though.. hopefully within 2 months optimistically..

pandabuy brought down the entire rep world because of their stupidity.. paying tiktok kids to promote products and such.. got too big too fast too much...

they forced 16 heavyweight brands to go after the rep world with tactical nukes

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Over It Whatever GIF

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
I just ordered a Clean Pepsi from ctime, they told me qc pics will take 4-5 days. Let's see how things play out

I'm in the que for a Pepsi with Trusty and was told up to 4 weeks for QC pics. 1 down, 3 to go, I'm not in a rush anyway, and I just hope the industry will rebund ok from this years shit kicking.

Reactions: Dave2302

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
I'm in the que for a Pepsi with Trusty and was told up to 4 weeks for QC pics. 1 down, 3 to go, I'm not in a rush anyway, and I just hope the industry will rebund ok from this years shit kicking.
Woah 4 weeks? I guess its understandable with all thats going on but Ctime told me 4-5 days for the QC pics. I placed the order on Saturday so I should have them in the next few days , will update when I do.

Reactions: mt666tm

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Woah 4 weeks? I guess its understandable with all thats going on but Ctime told me 4-5 days for the QC pics. I placed the order on Saturday so I should have them in the next few days , will update when I do.
Some dealers have stock on certain items, other dealers or certain stock will wait until operations are back up and producing as normal.

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
I just got my QC pics, there was a slight delay since it was the May 1st Chinese holidays and their warehouse was on break. Still really fast for ctime but it might be like d4me said and some tds have extra stock and they were unaffected from the raids.

qrashid

Renowned Member
6/1/22
EU
I've found myself caught in the web of these raids as well. Placed an order for a ZF watch back on March 20, 2024, and here I am, still eagerly awaiting those elusive QC pics. Ah, the virtue of patience. It seems in this waiting game, time itself takes on a new dimension.

Stay patient comrades.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I’ve come to see patience comes in several forms whether it’s waiting for QC, the actual arrival of the watch, waiting for service,even using a website to buy various items associated with using or repair, you just cannot escape being patient, so you better accept it otherwise you better move on or not deal with watches at all

Reactions: qrashid

Turbo1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
13/1/24
Why are so many currently asking that they are waiting so long for the QC pictures? Beforehand, ask the dealer if the availability is given and then order. That saves you the stress. Everything will be fine and have been patient

Reactions: JayBee0815

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Why are so many currently asking that they are waiting so long for the QC pictures? Beforehand, ask the dealer if the availability is given and then order. That saves you the stress. Everything will be fine and have been patient
You can check and get a OK with a TD and still have to wait. There may be a line or just time is needed. I got my QC and approved now just waiting patiently for Tracking Number. Again i know I just have to wait.

Reactions: qrashid