• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Hamza858

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/24
Sweden
Another spoon feeding in bound...

QF is the only one that makes it - but imho it's bad. If you want to ask why it's bad - research harder.

Clean doesnt make the 126506 Platona.

So either get the QF or wait.
Yes you are right, the only one made 126506 model is QF, Then I have to wait for other factories

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
I just received a CF Daytona with SH4131. I love the watch but I am a little disappointed that I can hear a free spinning rotor. Should I open the case and apply a little silicone grease to lubricate it? Is this normal for an SH4131?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Quick PSA, as I forgot to post this after my small review a couple of weeks back.

My 4131 came DOA, I thought I was screwed, but remembered something from my gen and it worked like a charm. If your 4131 just stopped running or arrives DOA, all you have to do it hold it in your hand and literally smack the left side of the case with your other hand with SOME force (not too much) after one or two smacks it gets a kick start and you are good to go! This happened on my gen and learned the trick on TRF

PS- The 4131 since been running like a freakin champ. Nearly bang on! Can't explain what an unbelievable rep this is! If you are on the fence on the 126500, get yourself one!

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Quick PSA, as I forgot to post this after my small review a couple of weeks back.

My 4131 came DOA, I thought I was screwed, but remembered something from my gen and it worked like a charm. If your 4131 just stopped running or arrives DOA, all you have to do it hold it in your hand and literally smack the left side of the case with your other hand with SOME force (not too much) after one or two smacks it gets a kick start and you are good to go! This happened on my gen and learned the trick on TRF

PS- The 4131 since been running like a freakin champ. Nearly bang on! Can't explain what an unbelievable rep this is! If you are on the fence on the 126500, get yourself one!
I’ve held this view nearly all my life… “If in doubt give it a clout”! I have fixed all sorts of things doing this…. The best one was a Samsung mini projector with auto focus that stopped auto focussing… one good solid whack and hey presto!

Reactions: RBB224 and Levko

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Another suggestion for DOA chrono movements: after fully winding, start the chrono. This will trigger the running seconds most times and get the movement going 😉

Reactions: Jazz01 and AG91

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA

Can you hear the rotor spin freely on your 4131? What I mean is if you take the watch off and hold it in your hand, then give it a light double shake, can you hear the rotor spinning well after you have stopped your motion?

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
Its normal even on gens… they are not mouse quiet
Respectfully disagree. Hearing the rotor is not the issue. It's the fact that it is spinning freely (you can hear it spin freely well after you have stopped your motion) is what bothers me.

btw my gen is mouse quiet even after 17 years and without ever being serviced. But again I am not expecting the rep to be mouse quiet, it's the spinning freely part. My $80 Invicta is noisy but doesn't ever spin freely.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Respectfully disagree. Hearing the rotor is not the issue. It's the fact that it is spinning freely (you can hear it spin freely well after you have stopped your motion) is what bothers me.

btw my gen is mouse quiet even after 17 years and without ever being serviced. But again I am not expecting the rep to be mouse quiet, it's the spinning freely part. My $80 Invicta is noisy but doesn't ever spin freely.
Where did you get this Clean watch from? From a TD here? A free spinning rotor either means there's an issue with a rotor you just got bait and switched with a AR+F 126500.

0ffcamber

4/6/23
U.S.A.
I just received a CF Daytona with SH4131. I love the watch but I am a little disappointed that I can hear a free spinning rotor. Should I open the case and apply a little silicone grease to lubricate it? Is this normal for an SH4131?
I had a similar noisy DD3285 with the supposed ceramic bearings.
Use the proper oil as to prevent other issues with silicone or Teflon lubricants.
Buy the smallest amount of Moebius 9010 on ebay which will be under $20.
Remove the case back with a rubber ball or use rubber/nitrile gloves. Those should give you the grip in a counter clockwise direction.
Apply a few tiny drops to the bearing balls with a needle.
Rotate the rotor and reseal the back.
Wear it for a day and see if the rotor is a bit quieter.

Worked for me and was worth the effort.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I had a similar noisy DD3285 with the supposed ceramic bearings.
Use the proper oil as to prevent other issues with silicone or Teflon lubricants.
Buy the smallest amount of Moebius 9010 on ebay which will be under $20.
Remove the case back with a rubber ball or use rubber/nitrile gloves. Those should give you the grip in a counter clockwise direction.
Apply a few tiny drops to the bearing balls with a needle.
Rotate the rotor and reseal the back.
Wear it for a day and see if the rotor is a bit quieter.

Worked for me and was worth the effort.
It's not the noise, it's the free spinning rotor. If his rotor is truly free spinning then it's got a broken auto wind mechanism OR he just got bait and switched with a AR+ 126500 which has a unidirectional "free spinning" rotor.

0ffcamber

4/6/23
U.S.A.

I would tighten that rotor down with the triangle rotor tool.

116515guy

12/3/24
Clean 126500 SH4131 movement feels sticky when winding. When I'm winding the kids watch it feels like there's an Oring that isn't seated properly and it's getting grinded when the crown is being wound.

Also the rotor sounds kinda wobbly when I shake it back and forth (like towards and away from me) , not side to side.

Are these things normal? The sticky crown feels like there's rubber caught in there.

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
It could also be a new batch of bracelet..maybe the edges are not as smooth as before. Let’s see if others find the same..
I will say I have owned 4 different 126500 (don’t judge me it’s an addiction)
There is a slight difference between them sharpness wise. Negligible difference but I own gens and next to my Gen Daytona bracelet I’ll say some of these new bracelets are better than others

A complete non factor. These bracelets are amazing.

Reactions: m5smg2

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
It's not the noise, it's the free spinning rotor. If his rotor is truly free spinning then it's got a broken auto wind mechanism OR he just got bait and switched with a AR+ 126500 which has a unidirectional "free spinning" rotor.
I think I might have jumped the gun. Upon more careful listening, I don't think it's freely spinning, just rocking back and forth like it should. It's not like my A7750 watch which definitely had a free spinning rotor when I first got it (which went away once I lubricated it). Sorry for the alarm.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
Is it advisable to leave the chrono running on the 4131? I know it is not advisable on the 7750. Does the 4131 also have a horizontal coupling?

116515guy

12/3/24
Is it advisable to leave the chrono running on the 4131? I know it is not advisable on the 7750. Does the 4131 also have a horizontal coupling?
According to ctimes photos of the SH4131 VS GEN movement , the SH4131 does indeed have a vehicle clutch

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Wait, do you mean "vertical" clutch? If so, does that mean it is ok to leave it running?
So it's okay to leave the chrono running?
Use google to find the difference between horizontal and vertical clutch.

I wouldn't say it's "ok" to leave it running. Even on gen leaving a chronograph running will eventually cause problems...... they're not built for that stuff. Time and resetting it is fine probably...

Remember what you're dealing with is a Chinese toy, it looks good, and sure they even cloned it, but you know everytime you start stop reset you add wear and risk of parts breaking.