• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Id probably flip out if this happened to my vintage gen

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
archie luxury is awesome.
chk out his other videos. hes hilarious and doesnt give a fuk

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
I think the guy is disgusting. He doesn't have any sense of style and behavior. The watch story indeed is awful. Heard about similar things before.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
If this happened to me, you'd be hearing about the "stupid American" who flew to Switzerland (or where ever) to throttle the bastard responsible...

bc1221

30/4/14
Oh he's twat for sure but I think that's what makes him so hilarious. He buys pretty much the standard luxury items and then judges people with different taste. It's so bad it's funny.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
That guy is a super douche... but he's wearing really expensive stuff..

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Can you instruct RSC ahead of time not to replace those parts? I would think there would be a way to tell them not to do this. I also thought they give you a price quote first and you have to consent to it before they perform the work. Is that right?

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Hey fuckaroonies! Don't take him so seriously. That is what he plays up.

Popklister

2/10/11
Can you instruct RSC ahead of time not to replace those parts? I would think there would be a way to tell them not to do this. I also thought they give you a price quote first and you have to consent to it before they perform the work. Is that right?

Yes if i remember right the form you get from RSC have some checkboxes you can sign about not changing some parts!

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Yes if i remember right the form you get from RSC have some checkboxes you can sign about not changing some parts!

I read stories about Rolex doing it nonetheless. The crazy thing is: They tell they destroy the old parts. Also a case at court didn't change anything here.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
This is the same company that just did what they did (too angry to describe it) to the legacy of the Pepsi GMT. Of course they love destroying old beauties--it accelerates the absurd price jacking vintages references continue to enjoy. I honestly think they hate the idea of someone who bought a 5513 when it was an affordable watch having something so valuable. They'd rather that guy get downgraded to a sub-5k wreck and let only those willing to pay 10k and up have the good stuff.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
What amazes me is they are essentially commiting larceny, and getting away with it. They replace a dial for instance (for a substantial fee) only when you provide the old one in "exchange". That says, even though you OWN the original dial, we are going to take it from you AND THEN charge you for another dial.

I don't know about Switzerland, but in the US, that is called larceny (theft for the non-english speakers).

I am suprised a court case did not yeild any results... Theft is pretty cut and dry.

Now, if you leased the watch from rolex, and never fully owned it (such as a Comex for example) that is a different situation. They "upgraded" those watches when they came in of service to the latest crown configuration for example.

For comparison, as expensive as Omega is for their service (getting close to Rolex for similar services), the old parts are returned to you when you have replacements installed. Either they understand they cannot steal from their customers, or they had a lawsuit and did not come out from it well...