• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Use of WU Question

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Hi all,

I used WU for the first time today and opted to send money directly from my bank account. I followed the instructions on the WU site and the money left my account instantly. How long will it take to show up at WU? HSBC said allow 2 hours, but it has been a good bit longer than that now....

Not worried particularly, just would like an idea of her it might all go through.

thanks

D

d4m.test

Hi, when I used it that way the banc sent me a WU number the next day, was there after 2 days, the TD picked it up on the 4th day, just my (single) experience. Cost me about 20 eur more than PP on top.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
This has cost me nothing, and I got a good exchange rate, so it'll probably take ages!

elconquistador

Respected Member
Certified
10/6/10
Just don't wear a "$50k" watch, some locations are in shitty neighborhoods.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
So the story moves on! I've now got to call as the transaction is on hold. Spent 15 minutes on hold in the US to be told I need to call the UK branch...

Hopefully I can move the money tomorrow!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
The problem solved itself; had an email overnight saying the money was ready to be collected...

I quite like WU, money went direct from my bank to WU for free and I got a decent $:£ rate (1.637).

I'll certainly use it for transactions with TDs again.