• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

where does one get extra rep 'OEM' straps?

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Hi all

First post here!

Was wondering if there was a source for getting straps for my rep PAM111? I need a new rubber strap and possibly a leather one.

Would you recommend getting one from our trusted dealers?

Thanks in advance!

sja

Known Member
18/8/09
I have been looking as well, some dodgy ones on eBay..

fatboy838

Looking Around
12/2/12
Hey sja, sorry for the noobie question, how does one tell a good from a dodgy one? Any things to look out for? thanks!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Puretime has straps from memory or keep an eye on M2M as folk often sell Pam rubber.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I think every TD can get them. I got few asso's from Sead in last order. :)

sja

Known Member
18/8/09
Just ordered rubber from puretime.. Seems good value, no idea on quality, rubber better than leather I hear

fatboy838

Looking Around
12/2/12
Great info, exactly what i needed! Thanks! I'll go check out some TDs. I guess most TDs are based out of China?

johnosx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/14
could anyone point me in the right direction for a source of OEM pam straps (i need one for a PAM127 like the cashmere gold calf and one for a PAM390 like the asso).

Alternative: how can i find the best (look and quality) alternative to the OEM version?

sja

Known Member
18/8/09
Not sure if I have ordered from pure time.. Filled in form on line and nobody has got back to me about payment. Some bad reviews for him in his review section but lots of good ones as we'll.. Sead has also been in touch buy he hasn't a firm date when he can get one.. I would buy gen if I could find one..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
could anyone point me in the right direction for a source of OEM pam straps (i need one for a PAM127 like the cashmere gold calf and one for a PAM390 like the asso).

Alternative: how can i find the best (look and quality) alternative to the OEM version?
You do know what OEM straps are worth, yes?
If you want good leather PAM straps try any of the sellers in our strap makers and supporting vendors sections.
If you want super soft I recommend Gunny and Bakeka from personal experience.

johnosx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/14
What do you mean "how much they are worth"?

I know they are expensive, but as far as i know some of the original straps (like the cashmere gold calf or the brown Asso for the PAM390) are - almost :) - worth it.

In general i just like the idea of having a strap that looks very close to the OEM and i don't like the extreme colored or worn straps.

So i am either looking for a source for the OEM (which is cheaper than the dealership) or a source for high quality copies of the OEM straps.

Would be curious if i am alone with this opinion and like to hear if one of you can recommend some straps.

thanks,