• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Trio! (Some Eyecandy)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well, finally got some time to show my trio on here using my Canon DSLR, so I hope you enjoy them!

Up first is a Blue TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m with an A2824 movement from Sora, great watch, it came on a bracelet, but I asked Sora for the rubber strap. Perfect size and weight for me. Rubber strap is SUPER comfortable, the deployant clasp locks safely. It's just perfect.

Second is what I think is the Rolex I always "needed" or the "perfect Rolex for me", a Rolex Submariner LV with an Swiss ETA, modded, got it from my great friend and favorite "trader" DoubleWristed, and quoting him:

It started out as a Noob LV with a swiss movement and Rsh modded the following:

-Upgraded to a BK datewheel overlay
-Shaved the crown guards
-up graded the crown, crystal and insert
-and upgraded the clasp (on par w/wm9)

I then sent it to Strodda to relume and remove the rehaut engraving. Now it glows like a torch.
I think it's just perfect!

And last but not least, a TAG Heuer Grand Carrera Quartz from a StockMover here, Love the brown dial, I use it on formal occasions. Great weight and feel to it.

I hope you enjoy the pics!

ilbambino86

Renowned Member
17/9/12
Very nice! congrats man :) just have a question about the LV (Sorry it might be a noob question) but what's the difference between engraved vs. non-engraved rehaut, in your case, a shaven rehaut?

Anyways, great looking watches, really like that TAG!

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Nice, very nice!!!
But you need a new pearl for LV badly...
:)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Very nice! congrats man :) just have a question about the LV (Sorry it might be a noob question) but what's the difference between engraved vs. non-engraved rehaut, in your case, a shaven rehaut?

Anyways, great looking watches, really like that TAG!

The engraved rehaut is the "ROLEXROLEXROLEX" engraving in the inner case, above the dial. A way to make it harder to replicate their watches. In reps, the engraved rehaut is one of the "tell" signs. Until the 2003 models, Rolexes did not have an engraved rehaut. This LV had an engraved rehaut, but it was "shaved", meaning that it was filed with a file, making it dissapear, so it is more gen-like.

Nice, very nice!!!
But you need a new pearl for LV badly...
:)

Thanks Luth!

Yeah I know, trying to source one. Any suggestions? :)

ilbambino86

Renowned Member
17/9/12
The engraved rehaut is the "ROLEXROLEXROLEX" engraving in the inner case, above the dial. A way to make it harder to replicate their watches. In reps, the engraved rehaut is one of the "tell" signs. Until the 2003 models, Rolexes did not have an engraved rehaut. This LV had an engraved rehaut, but it was "shaved", meaning that it was filed with a file, making it dissapear, so it is more gen-like.

Thank you sir, I appreciate your knowledge

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Very nice watches indeed, congratulations!
My fav is the aquaracer, but I like that lv too :)

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Nice trio my friend. Are you planning on selling the Aquaracer bracelet?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Nice trio my friend. Are you planning on selling the Aquaracer bracelet?

Thanks buddy! Not at the moment, I remedied it so I might be using it in the near future. :cheers:

D

d4m.test

Beautiful watches, 'dude; just beautiful. I'm really impressed with the TAG Aquaracer 500M, as I have the gen on s/s bracelet and quartz movement. What's Sora's formal name, as I'm impressed with the cyclops: it looks like it's a 2.5x.

dave

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Nice Bro ! Sweet.
Diggin the TAG and Rolex

In regards to the LV... How about a WM Pearl?
gotta spare one...if i knew where to send it, i would...(hint, addy in PM)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Nice Bro ! Sweet.
Diggin the TAG and Rolex

In regards to the LV... How about a WM Pearl?
gotta spare one...if i knew where to send it, i would...(hint, addy in PM)

OMG ! Really my friend? PM your way!

Beautiful watches, 'dude; just beautiful. I'm really impressed with the TAG Aquaracer 500M, as I have the gen on s/s bracelet and quartz movement. What's Sora's formal name, as I'm impressed with the cyclops: it looks like it's a 2.5x.

dave

Sora's called Sora here, lol, his forum is "ShineWatch" in the Supporting Vendors. I had the chance to compare this with a gen, and it's spot on! :cheers:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

dave

If you're intersted there's a very well made rep vs gen review posted by member s3g0y in the tag section, if I remember well.
:cheers:

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12

Thanks Luth!

Yeah I know, trying to source one. Any suggestions? :)
I have a WM pearl somewhere!,,,Let me hunt it up,,,,,And i will send it to you!
PS;;;I like the Tag's!