• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What needed to fix scratches

mar2013

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/13
Have an AP Diver and the bezel has gotten some scratches on it, i had no idea how easily this thing scratches , what can you buff it out with.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I use dremel tool with polishing kit. It's not that expensive to acquire it. Do not use it if you are not skillfull with it. You can always practice with junk in your watch drawer. There are tutorials on wus about it. I am also sure there are tutorials here too.

There is also cape cod cloth for shiny surfaces. Not good for brushed finish. This is easier route.

Third would be rotating grinder with buffing pad installed on it. Cheap at harbor freight tools. There is a tutorial on that here somewhere. Search it. It's easy.

Safest route be a local watch smith. They are fairly reasonable for small jobs like that.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
You can get a buffing file for about 2 pounds or so. That usually works for steel and titanium and a few other surfaces. There is actually a demonstration video on YouTube on how to easily remove scratches off your watch.

ark2506

11/12/12
be careful because if you dont do it properly, you will get uneven finishing on the bezel

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Have an AP Diver and the bezel has gotten some scratches on it, i had no idea how easily this thing scratches , what can you buff it out with.

This is the problem of AP.
The bezel is polished/satin-and it is difficult to be polished without damaging the polished edge.
It should take it apart and bring her to a watchmaker.
Or if you're good you can do it only with a sandpaper 0000.
Cover the edges with plastic adhesive tape, and remove scratches.....
groucho.gif

Junio

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
to refinish the bezel does it need to be removed from watch and take out crystal? what is the tool required to undone the bezel screws?

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
to refinish the bezel does it need to be removed from watch and take out crystal? what is the tool required to undone the bezel screws?

Yes , you must remove from the case of watch.

Junio

?Gathering XXV with Tapatalk 2?

darthvinh

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/3/10
I need help doing this, does anyone offer a service to do this? how about a tutorial?

TONTCPAD

18/2/13
Sounds like you need a good jeweller or watch smith who knows what he is doing rather than do it yourself -
the cost should be minimal for a partial polish