• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC XVI QC's From Michelle

BlackBear

Known Member
3/10/12
Paid via PayPal 11/29. QC's were in my inbox this morning! I think it's beautiful. My only question was about the movement. Can anyone identify it?

Thanks,
~ BB

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
More importantly what do you think? There are QC rules my friend.
Modders will remove this post if you do not follow them.

If you see something wrong specifically, then post QC and ask. Normally the members here will not respond if you are just throwing out the QC pics and asking us to make the call for you.

Just some friendly advice.

BlackBear

Known Member
3/10/12
More importantly what do you think? There are QC rules my friend.
Modders will remove this post if you do not follow them.

If you see something wrong specifically, then post QC and ask. Normally the members here will not respond if you are just throwing out the QC pics and asking us to make the call for you.

Just some friendly advice.

Advice taken and much appreciated. As I think you surmised, I had no idea. Have (hopefully) done a proper edit.

BTW, is there any way to delete our posts?

thanks,
~ BB

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Advice taken and much appreciated. As I think you surmised, I had no idea. Have (hopefully) done a proper edit.

BTW, is there any way to delete our posts?

thanks,
~ BB

I think only mods can delete posts. all we can do is edit them (Except for sales posts)

To answer your question, I believe that this is a Asian 2892 Automatic Movement (w/ sterile rotor) - But this is just my humble opinion as I am not an expert. Some of the newer versions of this watch come with IWC engraving on the movement rotor. (Thats the top part of the movement)

Take a look at the IWC website and compare to the original for your reference. Look at all of the details of the gen and compare with the QC pics you received.

Hope this helps

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
To answer your question, I believe that this is a Asian 2892 Automatic Movement (w/ sterile rotor) - But this is just my humble opinion as I am not an expert. Some of the newer versions of this watch come with IWC engraving on the movement rotor. (Thats the top part of the movement)

Hope this helps

Agree, almost certain that's a 2892-A2, asian clone -- pretty good movement.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Puretime is offering a new version that has the movement engraved, but they're asking $328, and it's unclear to me that it's worth paying that premium for an upgrade that you can't see.

Other things they mentioned as upgrades were superlume, dial texture, dial markers, crown and tube construction, datewheel font, and caseback engravings.

Honestly, I'm usually more concerned about the fit and finish on the replica, since that to me is an easier tell (in the hand) than all the minute things we often worry about.

http://puretime.co/product/mark-xvi-11-best-edition-v2-ss-black-dial-a2892-on-black-leather-strap/

IWC-2012-11-18-01-13_enl.jpg

IWC-2012-11-18-01-12_enl.jpg

BlackBear

Known Member
3/10/12
Puretime is offering a new version that has the movement engraved, but they're asking $328, and it's unclear to me that it's worth paying that premium for an upgrade that you can't see.

Other things they mentioned as upgrades were superlume, dial texture, dial markers, crown and tube construction, datewheel font, and caseback engravings.

Honestly, I'm usually more concerned about the fit and finish on the replica, since that to me is an easier tell (in the hand) than all the minute things we often worry about.

http://puretime.co/product/mark-xvi-11-best-edition-v2-ss-black-dial-a2892-on-black-leather-strap/

I read the posts about the new "super" XVI when it was announced. Michelle's watch was $228, she ships Airmail for $16, and accepts PayPal. From the photos, the only difference that stands out to me is the engraved movement. I used to own a gen IWC chrono and when I took it in for repair was shocked at what the guy charged me for routine servicing. In other words, if I need it repaired I'm going to tell them it's a rep before I take it in, so, indeed, while the engraving is nice, it isn't necessary for my need, which is to wear it.