• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any personal experiences with the OEM velcro?

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Does anybody have any personal experiences with using the gen velcro?
I've had my eyes on one for quite some time and would like to know if its just going to be a sponge thatll soak up all the sweat and just smell like garbage or if its comfortable/uncomfortable, build quality, is it worth the 150 price?

Any thoughts and views on it would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks in advance!

Ed911

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/12/11
EU
I own such one gen velcro. IMHO this strap is not very confortable to wear. Just my 2 cents.

Pic:

AF76BF23-799C-451E-AE1E-7F1B583FCCBD-5490-000004B502496C69.jpg

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Looks good though.......aesthetics before comfort?
Or don't even bother.....

Decisions......

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Noone else has any experience with these straps?

Are they that uncomfortable or just not a very popular choice.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
I'm a huge fan of natos and I think they're just about the best way to go to dress down a watch.
Ready for the hating...I actually wear my radiomir on 26mm natos sometimes and personally think it goes together pretty well.

The only bad thing is the paart of the strap that sits under the caseback tends to sponge up all the sweat and etc so if u don't wash it regularly, it will smell like .........

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
I have what is technically a "velcro" strap, OEM, made of rubber and coramid, such as this one (photo is not mine...):

IMG_0417.jpg

So far the most comfortable strap I;ve ever had, and I have had a ton of them over the years. All the advantages of fine adjustments that come with velcro, and none of disadvantages of a fabric-based strap, so you can wear at any day, swim and dive with it etc., without worrying about washing, sticking up etc etc etc.

Costs the same as regular PAM rubber but ( I hear) harder to come by, unless pre-order at a boutique.

shemmy

Horology Curious
12/9/11
I’ve had a black w blue stitches oem Panerai for easily 5 years and probably wore it everyday for at least 3 years and it has finally started showing signs of wear (the “hooks” side of the Velcro has slowly but surely lost some of its grip and it’s only noticeable at the exact tightness where I like to wear the band that this has occurred)

the only reason I stumbled on this thread is bc I was trying to google search for a new oem Velcro...

sorry to resurrect an old thread but I do have an answer to the op...they’re WORTH every cent ...I am willing to pay 300 for one right now if I can find a real one...

ALSO! They’re probably the most comfortable, easy to wear straps I’ve ever owned

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I’ve had a black w blue stitches oem Panerai for easily 5 years and probably wore it everyday for at least 3 years and it has finally started showing signs of wear (the “hooks” side of the Velcro has slowly but surely lost some of its grip and it’s only noticeable at the exact tightness where I like to wear the band that this has occurred)

the only reason I stumbled on this thread is bc I was trying to google search for a new oem Velcro...

sorry to resurrect an old thread but I do have an answer to the op...they’re WORTH every cent ...I am willing to pay 300 for one right now if I can find a real one...

ALSO! They’re probably the most comfortable, easy to wear straps I’ve ever owned

Holy necropost Batman! :blink: If you were hoping to have the threadstarter know you were answering his question, mentioning hurk 's name would be helpful although I'm not sure if he's still interested or whether he's already gotten one after more than 6 years.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Holy necropost Batman! :blink: If you were hoping to have the threadstarter know you were answering his question, mentioning hurk 's name would be helpful although I'm not sure if he's still interested or whether he's already gotten one after more than 6 years.

Lolol i dont even remember this thread...

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11

ThNks!!!!!

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16

You dont need to buy it for 300€. You just have to buy it from the Panerai official website. 150€ is the retail price from memory ;-)

Reactions: shemmy