• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a replica Tag Heuer Formula 1?

bmw-nj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/11
I'm attempting to buy a Tag Heuer Formula 1 online and wanted to make sure its authentic? Any help would be much appreciated.

Im not sure if im allowed to post a link to the actual watch but if I am let me know and I will. These are the exact pics of the watch according to the seller.

Thanks so much for the help.

D

d4m.test

I'm not familiar with this model at all, and I don't know if there's a replica of it out there, but I wasn't able to find this model when searching a few replica sites.

Aside from dust and dings, the quality of this watch seems very high. The 3rd picture shows nice finishing on the case back and even the lugs and end links. If this were a replica, I'd assume it would be an older replica, and older replicas didn't pay that much attention to quality and detail.

With no expertise on this model, I'm 90% sure it's gen.

bmw-nj

2/10/11
Thanks for the response. I really like the watch.

D

d4m.test

I assume this is quartz though? If it is, I hope you're getting a good price. ;)

bmw-nj

2/10/11
Around $400 I believe retail new is $750. Is that a good price?

And are these expensive to repair? and are batteries priced similar to other watches $9-$25 each installed at a jewelry store?

D

d4m.test

Well, it's all about opinion, and yours is the only one that counts. It's very easy to get 20-30% off retail for a new watch from many online sites like amazon or jomashop.

The other issue is that many people are against paying high prices for quartz, and tag is one of the biggest quartz watch manufacturers seen as overpriced.

Batteries should be standard pricing, but service charge depends on the jewelry store.

If you are asking my opinion, I wouldn't pay $400 for a quartz, but then again that's a decent price to pay if you want to show off a tag on your wrist.

bmw-nj

2/10/11
Thanks for all the help. I got it for $335 Including shipping and insurance so I'm happy. Appreciate you guys confirming it's genuine.