• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Hublot big bang unico, power reserve..

mbstar

Horology Curious
28/3/23
Norway
Hi, i bought a Hublot big bang unico (Z factory) from TD. Its movement is: Asia 7750 Chrono Automatic Movement meded to HUB1280 Movement. The watch is nice, but has very bad power reserve.. About 7-8 hours before the watch begin to delay. Is this normal???

I also have a daytona and a submariner from the same TD, they has Asian 4130 and Asian 3135, and the both has much longer powerreserve, about 30 - 35 hours.

Is this 7-8 hours normal for the Hublot????

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I don't think it's normal, no.

But unfortunately it's normal for reps to be faulty and defective. That's why they cost 5% of their gen counterparts.

The good news is that the A7750 should be much easier to fix than some clone movement with a lot of custom parts.

Have you tried fully charging the main spring by hand? And the power reserve was that short, even when fully hand wound? Typically, if the watch doesn't last long, it's the rotor not being able to fully swing, thus not charging the movement enough. So it would be important to know if you tried fully winding it by hand yet?

Reactions: mauroperezp

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
This has a transparent caseback, right?

Can you observe the rotor? Does it appear to be stuck or at least not able to freely swing when you move the watch around?

mbstar

Horology Curious
28/3/23
Norway
This has a transparent caseback, right?

Can you observe the rotor? Does it appear to be stuck or at least not able to freely swing when you move the watch around?
Hello,yes it has transparent caseback. And i see the rotor, and it swing like it should swing, when i move the watch arround:)

mbstar

Horology Curious
28/3/23
Norway
I don't think it's normal, no.

But unfortunately it's normal for reps to be faulty and defective. That's why they cost 5% of their gen counterparts.

The good news is that the A7750 should be much easier to fix than some clone movement with a lot of custom parts.

Have you tried fully charging the main spring by hand? And the power reserve was that short, even when fully hand wound? Typically, if the watch doesn't last long, it's the rotor not being able to fully swing, thus not charging the movement enough. So it would be important to know if you tried fully winding it by hand yet?
Hello, the rotor is not stuck, watch has transparent caseback, and i can see rotor moves like it should. But i have not charged the main spring by hand.. How do i do that?? I have only weared the watch on my hand. After wearing the watch in 15 hours, i take it off and go to sleep. Next morning, watch has been on the table for 8-9 hours, then it has abour 1 hour delay... But during the day (when its on my hand, its no delay)

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Well, first of all you need to wind it manually. The automatic will not be enough to keep it going forever.

If is a screw down crown unscrew it (backwards), leave the crown in first position and wind it (forwards) like 30 turns.

Then see how it keeps time and how long the power reserve lasts

Reactions: TESLA760

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Turn the crown 40 to 50 times by hand to fully "charge" or wind it.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
He makes it sound so sensual ;) Well, yes, this IS where you really get in touch with your watch.
Duke Licking GIF by NETFLIX

mbstar

Horology Curious
28/3/23
Norway
Well, first of all you need to wind it manually. The automatic will not be enough to keep it going forever.

If is a screw down crown unscrew it (backwards), leave the crown in first position and wind it (forwards) like 30 turns.

Then see how it keeps time and how long the power reserve lasts
Thanks, will try that. But both my rolex with asian4130 and asian3135 are never winded manuelly. Only used on hand, and they dont stop or delay over nigth. But thanks:)

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Yes, the automatic winding mechanism's effectivity is not the same between different movement calibers. It also depends on proper assembly, lubrication and cleanliness which can be hit or miss with Asian movements.

And last but not least it depends on your own activities as the rotor of the automatic winding mechanism is set in motion by the movements of your arm. If you hardly move your arm or only wear it for a rather short period the watch will not build up enough power reserve.

Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Certainly should not be 8 hours , but don't expect it to emulate your Rolexes. As already has been said, make sure you've given it a full wind. I typically see 2 to 3 days from my Hublot

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
And last but not least it depends on your own activities as the rotor of the automatic winding mechanism is set in motion by the movements of your arm. If you hardly move your arm or only wear it for a rather short period the watch will not build up enough power reserve.

Yes, let's all move our arms more!
celebrity perverts GIF

For World Peace... And extended power reserve! 💪🤪