• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15500 + DP dial

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23

Stock ZF dial on the left. DP dial on the right.

DP dial has much better sunburst, but I feel it is just a bit too strong sometimes. Also the Tapesserie is a bit more flat compared to the ZF where you can see quite the level difference.

Overall I'd still consider it to be an upgrade though.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I’ll be honest and say I prefer the stock ZF dial. DP looks more like a downgrade to me than anything else.
DP printing had always been a weakpoint but the recent pictures seems to show they've improved

The thing is the sunburst is too intense for my taste, real AP doesn't have that level of sunburst. But ZF dial has too little sunburst but the pattern is better in my eyes. I think its just a matter of taste. I prefer pattern so I would stick with stock.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
DP printing had always been a weakpoint but the recent pictures seems to show they've improved

The thing is the sunburst is too intense for my taste, real AP doesn't have that level of sunburst. But ZF dial has too little sunburst but the pattern is better in my eyes. I think its just a matter of taste. I prefer pattern so I would stick with stock.
The entire dial looks nothing like a gen whatever way you put it with exception of the shape of it. This is especially evident on this colour dial.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
The entire dial looks nothing like a gen whatever way you put it with exception of the shape of it. This is especially evident on this colour dial.
Thanks. I think with color I always give sime benefit of doubt since internet pictures and lighting always heavily impacts what it looks like. But thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: QueTip

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Yeah the sunburst is too intense on the DP but too weak on the stock. I still went for it since the ZF just feels like plastic rather than metal though. Would love to know other options as well if you guys have suggestions for dials.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
After doing some "research" seems like ORF dial is a good candidate.
Actually it doesn’t matter if it’s ZF, DP, ORF or APSF. The watch will always a replica and in real life they all are passable on the wrist. Whatever you choose they will look reasonable in real life yes, but you still won’t be wearing an AP.
The differences are mostly academic and meaningful mostly for forum discussion and to help the buyer/owner choose a variant he is most happy with. So don’t be too pedantic about the differences and enjoy the watch as it is. None of them are perfect so pick whichever makes you feel the best about your watch and don’t worry too much.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Actually it doesn’t matter if it’s ZF, DP, ORF or APSF. The watch will always a replica and in real life they all are passable on the wrist. Whatever you choose they will look reasonable in real life yes, but you still won’t be wearing an AP.
The differences are mostly academic and meaningful mostly for forum discussion and to help the buyer/owner choose a variant he is most happy with. So don’t be too pedantic about the differences and enjoy the watch as it is. None of them are perfect so pick whichever makes you feel the best about your watch and don’t worry too much.
Best advice hands down.

Reactions: legend