• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15500 Broken Pinion Repair?

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
In an unfortunate series of events, I’m in need of a repair for my ZF AP 15500.

The watch was dropped on a hard floor, which caused the markers to fall off, which bent the seconds hand. I was able to re-place the markers - and I removed the seconds hand to try and straighten it out.

Now the seconds hand won’t reattach, and I fear it’s because the pinion snapped when I removed the hand.

Is there anyone on this forum who is able to repair the pinion? The movement is still functioning perfectly, but I’ve only attached the hour/minute hands.

Thanks!
Atmos

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
You’ll need to replace the seconds wheel if the pinion is broken.
Since it involves disassembling the train wheels, I’d recommend servicing the movement while you’re at it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In an unfortunate series of events, I’m in need of a repair for my ZF AP 15500.

The watch was dropped on a hard floor, which caused the markers to fall off, which bent the seconds hand. I was able to re-place the markers - and I removed the seconds hand to try and straighten it out.

Now the seconds hand won’t reattach, and I fear it’s because the pinion snapped when I removed the hand.

Is there anyone on this forum who is able to repair the pinion? The movement is still functioning perfectly, but I’ve only attached the hour/minute hands.

Thanks!
Atmos

A, we have worked together before. Send it over, I will take care of it.

Reactions: Allure and SHB

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Your watch will likely need some spare parts to repair, but nothing which cannot be done, don't worry.

Reactions: Allure