• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400

G

Someone needs to do a NWBIG 15202 (or as close as they can get).

Unless you have enormous wrists a 15202 will always sit and look better than a 15400

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Someone needs to do a NWBIG 15202 (or as close as they can get).

Unless you have enormous wrists a 15202 will always sit and look better than a 15400

Dont want to continue the cross posting but i have to say that there won‘t be a NWBIG 15202 anytime soon or sooner than ZF releases their 15400/15500 or JF is kicking the V2 of their 15202...

...as the thinness is what makes the gen what it is while there is craftsmanship in every aspect of this watch especially the dial let alone every polished screw head and nicely finished bevelage inside the movement.

No chinese movement can compete with the 2121 for the moment and i highly doubt they will get close to it when you bear in mind that the 324 SC project went silent and was never updated since angus posted a sneak peek of a prototype about 3 years ago from now.
That said after a big manufacturer like V6F cant achieve anything close to the thinness of an ultra thin swiss counterpart i highly doubt they will try it again for such an unpopular movement like the 2121which is found in not too many modern watches these days.

Reactions: Pdatoon
G

I know buddy, I guess it was in part in jest. Sigh. One can dream huh!

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
Anyone knows when this will come out? I'm excited to see new changes to the AP Rep game. I hope ZF comes up with a really well finished product for their first go at the 15400. Was going to jump on the v5 but now I think it may be worth the wait.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Anyone knows when this will come out? I'm excited to see new changes to the AP Rep game. I hope ZF comes up with a really well finished product for their first go at the 15400. Was going to jump on the v5 but now I think it may be worth the wait.

Jump on the V5? Really B?
I am curious to know if you think that it can beat your gen 15400 in any way? :p

Reactions: iwantaprettywatch

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
Jump on the V5? Really B?
I am curious to know if you think that it can beat your gen 15400 in any way? :p

Haha you got me! Gen is gen. The only time the v5 or whatever new version, can beat the gen is that it doesn't hurt my heart as much when I scratch the rep.

Reactions: legend

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
Any new news or leaks about this release yet?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

N0tail_

1/6/17
Disappointing how there's still no news and everyone is fixated on the JF v5. We need competition to revive the AP section.

Well the JF V5 is the best 15400 rep we have at the moment and we haven't heard much from ZF/PPF regarding their 15400/15500 reps besides a few teaser pictures.

How are we supposed to discuss a topic that is currently non-existent?

We work with what we've got.

Reactions: legend

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
Well the JF V5 is the best 15400 rep we have at the moment and we haven't heard much from ZF/PPF regarding their 15400/15500 reps besides a few teaser pictures.

How are we supposed to discuss a topic that is currently non-existent?

We work with what we've got.

I was not suggesting that the fault lies with the community. In fact, I think it's amazing how the rep community finds means and ways to bring out the best in their rep watches visually. What I am upset about is how JF is left to reign supreme. We all know how the story goes of a "next version" where it could be one step forward two steps back. Only when competitors like ZF step up and really bring the heat will we see improvements.

Just airing my disappointment, no one is expecting the thread to be kept alive while there's no updated news.