• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You never realize....

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
How dirty the carpet at work is until the insert falls out, and the pearl goes MIA. :(

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Ohhh damn... What did you use to glue the insert?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Gorilla glue.

Bad move. The newer Gorilla Glue has too big an expansion rate. It now swells by some 400% as it dries so it tends to push the pearl out of the hole.

Best method is to use a gel epoxy applied from the back before you snap the insert in.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Bad move. The newer Gorilla Glue has too big an expansion rate. It now swells by some 400% as it dries so it tends to push the pearl out of the hole.

Best method is to use a gel epoxy applied from the back before you snap the insert in.

Useful info! Any specific brand/model?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest

I will heed your advice. I bought one of MP's bezel/insert assemblies that he was selling.

Now I wait....

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Big thanks to Mr. Pap, and his amazing bezel and insert sale....

dsc00560yj.jpg

And it still wears the nice vintage look that my other one had.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Always a pleasure IDK! I am curious though, how did you fit the smp insert in the chrono model? Are the dimensions so close?

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Always a pleasure IDK! I am curious though, how did you fit the smp insert in the chrono model? Are the dimensions so close?

I removed the insert from the bezel that you sent and then glued it in place without any modification. Amazing since I actually hand to do a little bit of sanding on the inside of the other that I had.

Sent from somewhere other than in front of my computer...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I removed the insert from the bezel that you sent and then glued it in place without any modification. Amazing since I actually hand to do a little bit of sanding on the inside of the other that I had.

Sent from somewhere other than in front of my computer...

Really interested feedback! Thank you IDK!