• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You have got to check this guy out

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
It will be in ebay for maybe 1 day and then this will be deleted by ebay, but he gets what he wanted to get, people wrote down his email address..........

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I am aware of the difficulties a language barrier may present, but I think he's intentionally misleading the buyer. From his auction:

Q: Hi, May I know what is the delivery charges to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and do you accept paypal? Is this 100% original watch from Panerai and does it come with the original box and papers as well as international warranty card? What is the condition of the watch, is the any scratches or dents on the surface and casing of the watch? Thanks and kind regards,

A: This is new. Yes with a copy of the original quality. Buy it. You need to contact us:[email protected]

I emphasized that sentence to highlight the fact that the buyer thinks it's the real deal.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Do you guys really think that he doesn't know? Either way I've always had opinions on this subject. I won't ever report these items. Somone has bid 140 for it and whomever it is are one of three mindsets:

1. They know exactly what it is and are getting what they pay for. To avoid semantics, that includes what they're willing to pay for it.

2. They are so stupid that they actually believe that you can get a 10k watch for $200. So getting it pulled will only delay the inevitable meaning they will get taken at some point. Unless they walk out in front of a bus or confuse Rid O' Rat with table sugar which is very possible.

3. THEY are looking to take advantage of someone in which case Kharma will take care of it. And the Kharma bidniz is BOOMIN!

budo

Known Member
28/7/09
Sorry to be a bit naive here, but whats the big fuzz about?

His selling a rep at Ebay? So what, that's been done before.

It should be clear to all, that it's a rep. Sellers called "chinatrend", he writes that the mov is asian and it's WP @ 20 meters.

You can even pay by paypal.

What am I not seeing here? Why is this guy so bad?

OK, tell me I'm stupid, but if you don't ask... :D

russtang

14/8/06
fakemaster said:
Do you guys really think that he doesn't know? Either way I've always had opinions on this subject. I won't ever report these items. Somone has bid 140 for it and whomever it is are one of three mindsets:

1. They know exactly what it is and are getting what they pay for. To avoid semantics, that includes what they're willing to pay for it.

2. They are so stupid that they actually believe that you can get a 10k watch for $200. So getting it pulled will only delay the inevitable meaning they will get taken at some point. Unless they walk out in front of a bus or confuse Rid O' Rat with table sugar which is very possible.

3. THEY are looking to take advantage of someone in which case Kharma will take care of it. And the Kharma bidniz is BOOMIN!

I got no problems with any of those situations either...assuming the bid closes at or near a small fraction of the gen retail value.

Problem is, I've seen quite a few watches of "questionable authenticity" close in the thousands of dollar range.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
My concern with this particular auction is that despite the fact that he said it's an Asia movement, when someone asks him if it's 100% original his answer was (I believe) purposefully vague and misleading.

I understand your point about the buyer trying to take advantage, but that goes back to my earlier comment about it being human nature to hope to get 'something for nothing', even against evidence and astronomical odds. Maybe the buyer thinks he's stumbled upon a deal that no one has noticed, etc. I can't fault the buyer without knowing his true intentions.

The seller, on the other hand, seems to respond to his question in such a fashion as to say, without "saying", yep it's great, and you should buy it now. NOW. I believe the seller is trying to close a sale with a "sucker" before someone can stop him.

Long story short, my complaint rests with his response to the question, not his actual item or sale.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
The hypocrisy of ebay is a constant frustration

Ebay emphasise that they want to keep their marketplace safe. They do almost nothing to prevent obvious scam listings but when members report blatant scams like this one they generally fail to take any action. The seller in this case has had his email address publicised for a week as well as having ample opportunity to do a deal with those that bid while his ads were up.

Ebay - the scammers friend

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
This is what I mean by semantics. No matter how you split hairs on it that coin has flip side. No one sells something for nothing. If an item is worth 10k they don't put it up at a starting bid of 135 with no reserve. Even if they're hard up they could easily sell it for 50%.

And Ebay won a judgement last year. They are not responsible for anything someone sells. Nor should they be. To much of the brother's keeper stuff in society as it is.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
ebay lost a case to Louis V. last week for 10's or 100;s of millions of dollars re counterfeiting

wat$$

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Listing removed.

Col.