• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YM 116622 - thanks to Sead

mrsinsyder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/17
So, this review might seem odd. Acquiring this watch hasn't been an easy process, but it's a testimony to Sead's honesty, so I'd like to post it. Hopefully anyone who reads it can see that the issues with the watch were not Sead's fault, but that he did do what he could to make it right.

5/21/17 - first email to Sead, response same day, payment sent same day ($319 plus ship)
5/26/17 - QC pics (lots)
6/8/17 - shipped
6/14/17 - received; crown/stem broken
6/20/17 - Sead requests watch shipped to his watchmaker
6/28/17 - watch received back from watchmaker; not working (watch not running for more than 30s)
7/11/17 - Sead requests watch returned to watchmaker
7/19/19 - watch returned from watchmaker functioning

The watch itself is beautiful (Noob 2824) but, as you can see, it hasn't been functioning quite as well. During the process of the issues the watch was having, Sead did arrange for it to be repaired both times at no cost to me (besides shipping). In addition, the time of the larger gap in communication from 6/28-7/11 was due to Sead's mother passing.

I'll admit that after all of this, I don't love the watch (and that's not Sead's fault, I think I just got a bad piece honestly). It still doesn't work quite right but it works well enough to get through the day, and I'm ok just dealing with it. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Sead again and have already recommended him to others because he didn't leave me high and dry when he could have. I'm sure dealing with this piece has been as frustrating for him as it has been for me, but he's done his best to make sure I have a piece that works. I would not have expected such thorough assistance from a rep seller, but you have nothing to worry about with Sead.

All in all, don't hesitate to buy from Sead. Had the piece not had any issues, it would have been an exceptionally smooth transaction with only about 3 weeks from payment to item received.

mrsinsyder

21/5/17
How did I forget to include a pic?! :bash:

IMG_0170.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
So, this review might seem odd. Acquiring this watch hasn't been an easy process, but it's a testimony to Sead's honesty, so I'd like to post it. Hopefully anyone who reads it can see that the issues with the watch were not Sead's fault, but that he did do what he could to make it right.

5/21/17 - first email to Sead, response same day, payment sent same day ($319 plus ship)
5/26/17 - QC pics (lots)
6/8/17 - shipped
6/14/17 - received; crown/stem broken
6/20/17 - Sead requests watch shipped to his watchmaker
6/28/17 - watch received back from watchmaker; not working (watch not running for more than 30s)
7/11/17 - Sead requests watch returned to watchmaker
7/19/19 - watch returned from watchmaker functioning

The watch itself is beautiful (Noob 2824) but, as you can see, it hasn't been functioning quite as well. During the process of the issues the watch was having, Sead did arrange for it to be repaired both times at no cost to me (besides shipping). In addition, the time of the larger gap in communication from 6/28-7/11 was due to Sead's mother passing.

I'll admit that after all of this, I don't love the watch (and that's not Sead's fault, I think I just got a bad piece honestly). It still doesn't work quite right but it works well enough to get through the day, and I'm ok just dealing with it. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Sead again and have already recommended him to others because he didn't leave me high and dry when he could have. I'm sure dealing with this piece has been as frustrating for him as it has been for me, but he's done his best to make sure I have a piece that works. I would not have expected such thorough assistance from a rep seller, but you have nothing to worry about with Sead.

All in all, don't hesitate to buy from Sead. Had the piece not had any issues, it would have been an exceptionally smooth transaction with only about 3 weeks from payment to item received.
Kudos for keeping a level head through the whole ordeal!! Many newer members would have spewed vitriol at Sead. That sucks that you've had so many problems. Maybe just sell it to someone proficient in repair for a small loss? Anyways, good luck on your next purchase!!

mrsinsyder

21/5/17
Kudos for keeping a level head through the whole ordeal!! Many newer members would have spewed vitriol at Sead. That sucks that you've had so many problems. Maybe just sell it to someone proficient in repair for a small loss? Anyways, good luck on your next purchase!!

Thanks! @yllekp at the help desk did a good job of holding my hand and keeping me patient when my head went a bit off-level a few times :laugh:

I'm still planning on keeping it - it's too darn pretty and like I said, it works well enough. Luckily my local watch shop is able to repair it should it need help in the future.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Thanks! @yllekp at the help desk did a good job of holding my hand and keeping me patient when my head went a bit off-level a few times :laugh:

I'm still planning on keeping it - it's too darn pretty and like I said, it works well enough. Luckily my local watch shop is able to repair it should it need help in the future.
No problem, I am glad this worked out in the end. It is always a pain when something goes wrong but we can generally rely on the TDs to sort it.

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
Sadly on occasion things like this do happen in this hobby but Kudos to you for standing up and actually reporting the positive side of the story.
@sead1999 is a great guy and is the TD I have always used from the first Rep I bought and I have always found his service first class.
It's unfortunate that you have fallen out of love with this particular watch but I have found that has happened on many a watch I have bought and quite often for no apparent reason whatsoever.
I am sure when you are ready you will sell it and move onto something else and congrats for having the patience and presence of mind not to fly into a fit of rage and criticise the TD for these issues which are clearly not of his making.
I think sometimes people forget that our TD supply these watches they don't manufacture them and I have always found Sead in particular to be more than helpful in addressing any problems I may have had quickly and efficiently.
Good luck with the Watch @mrsinsyder and I can assure you that dealing with the situation as you have will stand you in good stead on here in the future
:)