• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yet Another Franken Thread! (42MM PO)

Ultima

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/1/13
Stopped by an AD today to check out a gen PO while I'm waiting for my "5th gen" 42mm PO to arrive.

BEAUTIFUL WATCH!! but $4500 MSRP for something that needs to get serviced every 5-10 years? Can't justify $4500 but I can justify $1200 for a Franken Build! : )

The $3300 will be better spent on friends and family, or spent on maybe a GEN House, Gen Car, Gen Food because we can't get rep of those (...yet)

Checklist:

1. 42MM Swiss Eta -
2. Sunnydale Crystal -
3. Gen Hands, Crown, HE, Dial, Bezel.
4. Maybe caseback, Endlinks & Clasp

Stay Tuned! Pics/Review to come.
I blame RWI + MR.PAP +Q5 + R2 + Other Franken members for this fever haha but thank you!

If anyone need the rep parts, let me know! I'll throw them at you for cheap!

Initial Update: Shipped on Jan 24th, Recieved Jan 30th
8434441376_072a38fd76.jpg

Overall Quality rocks! Clasp is a bit tough to use, Omega Logo is a bit close, Endlink Gap, HE Valve Turns, Pearl looks decent

But I honestly probably wouldn't be able to tell that this was a rep unless I had a gen next to it

UPDATE:

THIS WAS ONE PITA BUILD! lol...But I got it done : )

Sidenote* I was able to get the GEN Bezel to swap with the REP by simply exchanging the spring on the inside. Took me a while to figure out because I couldn't explain why the GEN wouldn't fit properly.

8543066865_29dacda4eb_c.jpg

8543068913_4ea08b9a0d.jpg

Ultima

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/1/13
oh right, I forgot to mention that one! Ordered the 2500D version off of ofrei

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Subscribed and waiting for pics!

My apologies for your economical disaster :cheer:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Here in Texas we have a chain called "Panchos Mexican Buffet". I'm pretty sure they DO sell rep food!

Good luck with your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk