• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF overseas 2000V screw lugs dimensions compared to 4500v screw lugs

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
hello VC lovers,

I recently acquired the xf 2000v overseas. a beautfiul watch I cant stop wearing :)

when I changed the wristband I noticed that the screw lug is a little bent and does not fit properly - hence cant be screwed in all the way. luck has it that I damaged the screw head a little bit with my tool and now I am looking for a new and fitting screw tube.

with the help of a fellow member I can source these screw lugs but they are the ones for the 4500v model. unfortunately the website does not provide the size of said screw lugs. Does anyone know the dimensions? that would be helpful as I could compare the different screw lugs and therefore know if the 4500v lugs will fit the 2000v.

link to 4500v screw lugs can be found here

Kind Regards,

Last edited:

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
Bracelet width should be same between 2000v and 4500v, and there's a good chance the screws are shared parts. That said, you should be more concerned if XF made the hidden parts to gen specs too. Seeing as you've got the XF screws out and on hand already, you're in the best position to check.

Alternatively, how badly did you actually bork the screw? If the shaft is a bit bent, try to find two very hard flat surfaces and try to roll the shaft(and only shaft, careful of the threads!) between them. If the thread is slightly mangled, sometimes a knife can help realign it if you roll it through the groove.

A photo of your problem screw might help if you'd like to share. And hey, of all of the gen swaps I've seen bracelet screws are a novel place to start!

Cgentile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/21
Just an FYI, I ordered those screw tubes a couple weeks ago and they finally came. I have a BP 4500v and it turns out they are too long and do not fit my BP.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
Just an FYI, I ordered those screw tubes a couple weeks ago and they finally came. I have a BP 4500v and it turns out they are too long and do not fit my BP.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thats interesting. do you still need them? If not i am thinking about buying them from you (Depending on your location). Are the screw threads fitting? I think it should be no problem to shorten the screws.

InnerSelfAnglage Ill see if I can snap a quick picture today and post it so you can have a look :)

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
InnerSelfAnglage as you can see, I think i fucked the screw head with my amateur skills..
To avoid damaging the screw any further I havnt unscrewed it yet - but the lover screw part is slightly bend.

Cgentile my offer still stands to buy those 4500v screws you bought recently :)

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
160million That is more than 'a little' bent!

Phew, I don't like to be the bearer for bad news, but this is looking like you might want to shop around for a professional. That screw head doesn't look repairable to me, so you'll definitely need a replacement of some sort.

Whoever takes it out is going to have to be careful not to completely strip the head, because I would not like the chances of drilling the screw out of that without damage to the case( plus additional time or cost to remove the movement before drilling).

When the screw tube isn't fully screwed in, the tip isn't secured and the bracelet can end up bending it when you wear the watch a bit or pull on it. Depending on clearance in the case, this can wedge the tube in place. Sounds like that's what happened, and it also doesn't bode well for screw removal.

Plus the side of the case looks to be in need of some TLC, some incidental scratches from the screwdriver? Getting it polished once it's fixed is maybe also something to add to the list...

If the gen-spec screw tubes you linked are too short for your XF, you're out of luck and will have the same bending issue you currently do. If they're too long(like for the BP) then in theory someone can shorten them to match your untouched screw.

Best bet is to shop around for someone local that has the right tools for the job, is willing to work on a rep, and is interested in doing it for a reasonable amount of money for your location. I'd say someone with a small bench lathe like a clock-focused horologist would be ideal, plus they'd know how to deal with it without marring a high-polish finish. Once you find someone, ask them for a quote first and foremost. It might be pricey for a complete fix, but hopefully a professional can propose a cheap easy halfway solution.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!