• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

X71 screw ideas?

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Purchased a beautiful X71 bracelet last year for a low end FF just to have as a beater. Well, it’s more than that now, actually my favorite rep and I wear it daily. However, I’ve been losing link screws, one at a time and replacing them with those remaining in my unused links.

That was fine until I used the very last one. Have been diligent tightening them regularly and even did a round of loctite throughout.
anyway, here I am in need of these very small screws, but have been unable to search and find any replacements…short of the NYC BP retail store, I’m out of options.

Anyone have any suggestions? TYIA!

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
AFAIK, you're going to have to either pay the piper at the boutique or start buying large assorted watch repair screw packs online and just trying different ones out. You might end up trying one that will fit but has a different thread pitch, which technically isn't a great thing, however it may get lodged in such a way it will never come out, on its own atleast, with could be good in your case!

You could measure it as a starting point, with some calipers, might help in some fashion.

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Good thoughts! I went back to Andrew at TT to see if he could source the screws independent of anothe x71. I suppose that’s also a solution…another bracelet. Btw, that bracelet might be the standard for quality steel bracelets. Pretty amazing fit and finish. Except for the screw problem of course.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Good thoughts! I went back to Andrew at TT to see if he could source the screws independent of anothe x71. I suppose that’s also a solution…another bracelet. Btw, that bracelet might be the standard for quality steel bracelets. Pretty amazing fit and finish. Except for the screw problem of course.
They are certainly one of the best, I have a gen 20mm for my 40mm FF, the only place they're lacking is the absence of a true diving clasp with something like the rolex glide lock or micro adjustments, for BP to charge what they do for the x71, its a bit wild.

Alfasud

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/19
You can get the screws on eBay. I lock tighted mine on arrival and no issues in 3 years.

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I still haven’t found the on the bay. Let me know if you know a seller there.