• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WTB Omega UPO - help on 2nd time around

ornganblu

Horology Curious
26/4/10
I recently purchased my 1st rep. I went with a 45mm PO with orange numbers and black bezel. It is a very nice watch for the price, only $105 after shipping.

However, I can't get past the raised pearl that it has. I have read By-Tor's review and it seems that the "UPO" version has an inset pearl that is very close to the Gen. It looks like the UPO also has the "951" engraving on the band as well as a serial number.

Also, when I looked at the Gen, the orange numerals are much brighter, almost as bright as the end of the second hand. On my rep, as well as the pictures I have seen the orange is much "duller" almost an orange/red (would love to show picutes but my wife just broke our camera).

I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone know if the UPO version with orange numerals is a more acurate orange?

Is the white numeral/black bezel UPO the most accurate?

Does the pearl on the UPO in fact look very accurate?

Who should I go to for a UPO, as I see several out there (any referals from experiece on the dealer list)?

Thank you in advance for your help,

One of the noobs

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I can't say much man that watch is too large for me. $100 will usually get you a watch with more flaws than the pricier one. You just gotta figure out how much you want to spend and how important the aesthetics are. Sometimes you'll want one watch with better aesthetics than another so you'll go for the 21j in one and then the 27j in another. If you like the watch, then stick with it. I can't say that the pearl is a huge issue for me but it would be nice if more watches had the correct one.